+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Blackburn Rovers - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Even when not playing his best, Ayling seems to be the key in keeping our defensive line more organised. Whether it is simply his extra communication...but certainly miss his prescence.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Don't panic OWT
    So on the positive side we're two points off the automatic promotion places and coming out of an injury crisis that our 'rivals' have not yet had to encounter - would you have taken that position when the season started ?
    For me slowly introducing the kids in as we go will be of a benefit going into the New Year.

Playing Sheff Utd in December will be a measure to what Bielsa is made of mentally and tactically.

MOT
    No panic Mrs O, and I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm just starting to see some things which are a bit worrying. And yes of course if I'd been offered where we are now at the start of the season I'd have taken it. But it's about continuous improvement, not stubbornness or intransigence, so like I said, the next couple of games I think are very important, and not just for the wins, I want to see less mistakes, more cohesion, more speed and more accuracy.

What's the problem with playing Pearce at left back
    If Marcelo plays Clarke and Shackleton then surely Tom is a better fit at LB than Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Don't panic OWT
    So on the positive side we're two points off the automatic promotion places and coming out of an injury crisis that our 'rivals' have not yet had to encounter - would you have taken that position when the season started ?
    For me slowly introducing the kids in as we go will be of a benefit going into the New Year.

Playing Sheff Utd in December will be a measure to what Bielsa is made of mentally and tactically.

MOT
    Hello Mrs O
    Ive no worry about Sheff Utd that is not arrogant to them they are doing well,
    Im more worried about Villa creeping up and Mr Lampard is doing a decent job far better than Rowlett

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Hello Mrs O
    Ive no worry about Sheff Utd that is not arrogant to them they are doing well,
    Im more worried about Villa creeping up and Mr Lampard is doing a decent job far better than Rowlett
    Plenty of teams there or there about for sure hoping to do a Fulham with a late surge.

My comment was in context to how the managers mould their teams ready for action - Bielsa v Wilder.
    Similar scenario yesterday between Warnocks Cardiff v Jokanović Fulham and guess whose playing style won.
    Just hope Bielsa of LEEDS watched a recording of that PL match and absorbed it fully.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Even when not playing his best, Ayling seems to be the key in keeping our defensive line more organised. Whether it is simply his extra communication...but certainly miss his prescence.
    Agree Oz and further to your observation ..............

Blatantly obvious that the Bielsa philosophy is about trust.Each player has to know that the man at your side or behind you is going to come with you when you move the ball.No point is pressing as an individual as you have to do it as a team and you have to do it instinctively is the message loud and clear from Bielsa.

Klich recently stated that when he goes forward he does not even check who is with him and does not look behind as he knows that the rest of the team have got him covered as he moves and that if he hesitates or is unsure, it doesn’t work. Everything is built on that bond knowing you are part of a pack trusting the man next to you he states.

Mmm, Fitness is key to this philosophy as is pace,mobility and awareness and for me our two full backs are instrumental to fulfil this concept - Ayling & Douglas play the role beautifully and are badly missed individuals as was evident at Blackburn as we lacked fluidity and pace from defence.IMO.

MOT

Wee tad concerned that we're following the same path as last year. From top to trouble.
    Not sure about the philosophy that if plan A is'nt working then work harder at plan A. The opposition now know what to expect. Worried that we have been 'found out', with no other plan except to keep doing what we're doing in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ColombianWhite View Post
    What's the problem with playing Pearce at left back
    If Marcelo plays Clarke and Shackleton then surely Tom is a better fit at LB than Dallas
    Yes exactly, hopefully not early signs of stubbornness, or favouritism. I had hoped Bielsa was above all that. And I don't buy this 'maybe he sees something we don't' line, I know what I'm seeing when Dallas is struggling at LB, and so do a lot of other people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Wee tad concerned that we're following the same path as last year. From top to trouble.
    Not sure about the philosophy that if plan A is'nt working then work harder at plan A. The opposition now know what to expect. Worried that we have been 'found out', with no other plan except to keep doing what we're doing in hope.
    We can keep doing what we're doing, but mixing it up a bit e.g. Alioski or Pearce at LB. Yesterday I'd have liked to have seen a starting 11 of BPF, Berardi, Jansson, Cooper, Alioski, Phillips, Clarke (or Baker), Klich, Dallas (or Baker), Saiz, Roofe. And that's assuming Pablo was genuinely not up to 90 mins. I'd have been inclined to start him and see how he lasted. Neither Roofe nor Roberts is anything like as effective playing wide right or left, EVERYONE knows that, so why the f00k were they both on the pitch for the first 65 minutes???

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    We can keep doing what we're doing, but mixing it up a bit e.g. Alioski or Pearce at LB. Yesterday I'd have liked to have seen a starting 11 of BPF, Berardi, Jansson, Cooper, Alioski, Phillips, Clarke (or Baker), Klich, Dallas (or Baker), Saiz, Roofe. And that's assuming Pablo was genuinely not up to 90 mins. I'd have been inclined to start him and see how he lasted. Neither Roofe nor Roberts is anything like as effective playing wide right or left, EVERYONE knows that, so why the f00k were they both on the pitch for the first 65 minutes???
    The cracks are starting to appear in our solid early season support - not really surprising - but I think it's early days to be doubting the manager - I think given the injuries sustained so far we're still looking good - If we took our chances when they came along and where a bit more clued up at defending corners....
    Having said that Mowbray stated that he had been working on set pieces for the last two weeks - he spotted that if you keep Pontus and Cooper out of the center [Get the men that they are marking to stay wide at set pieces] - then get a couple of others - good in the air - to come through the center - you had a good chance - and that is exactly what they did and how they beat us!

We have to recognise that there are other good/experienced managers out there [Mowbray certainly fits that category] who can spot a weakness... it's not just that they've "worked us out" as they certainly didn't stop our pressing style or reduce our overall domination.

Keep the faith!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)