+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Your just kinda hoping that this ain't where things start to go tits up..that performance in front of over 7000 away fans is rank by the way..totally unacceptable.

I know the rose tinted spectacle merchants will keeping peddling the "we are playing much better than last year" mantra but the facts speak for themselves. Yet ANOTHER game where we failed to turn significant possession into anything like the number of goals we should have scored. We were feeble up front and it suggests to me that Roofe isn't happy (or capable) of playing a wide role and that Roberts isn't good enough yet as the centre forward. Ultra poor defending and stupid errors could have cost us more. I feel physically sick every time Cooper tries to bring the ball out of defence. We concede too easily from set pieces - partly because BPF doesn't really command his area; maybe time to give Blackman a run out? We definitely miss Douglas. Dallas is no left back so perhaps we should have tried Alioski there from the start. Phillips and Klich tried hard and didn't do much wrong. Also, when we are chasing the game why did we give away so many pointless free kicks from niggly fouls that allowed them to slow the game and run the clock down?

Overall, another disappointment and something needs to turn around pretty quickly or we are doomed to another season of mid-table mediocrity.

Oh, and some poor refereeing again with too many decisions going against us.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I know the rose tinted spectacle merchants will keeping peddling the "we are playing much better than last year" mantra but the facts speak for themselves. Yet ANOTHER game where we failed to turn significant possession into anything like the number of goals we should have scored. We were feeble up front and it suggests to me that Roofe isn't happy (or capable) of playing a wide role and that Roberts isn't good enough yet as the centre forward. Ultra poor defending and stupid errors could have cost us more. I feel physically sick every time Cooper tries to bring the ball out of defence. We concede too easily from set pieces - partly because BPF doesn't really command his area; maybe time to give Blackman a run out? We definitely miss Douglas. Dallas is no left back so perhaps we should have tried Alioski there from the start. Phillips and Klich tried hard and didn't do much wrong. Also, when we are chasing the game why did we give away so many pointless free kicks from niggly fouls that allowed them to slow the game and run the clock down?

Overall, another disappointment and something needs to turn around pretty quickly or we are doomed to another season of mid-table mediocrity.

Oh, and some poor refereeing again with too many decisions going against us.

I held back in mentioning the ref but again felt too many went against us. Agree with klick as well I thought him and Phillips did ok. Think it’s harsh to point blame at bpf for not being commanding as I lay the blame on cooper and Jansson for the goals. Also agree totally with the stupid niggly fouls we kept giving away late on. As if they neeeded any help time wasting.

Quote Originally Posted by magnificowhite View Post
    I held back in mentioning the ref but again felt too many went against us. Agree with klick as well I thought him and Phillips did ok. Think it’s harsh to point blame at bpf for not being commanding as I lay the blame on cooper and Jansson for the goals. Also agree totally with the stupid niggly fouls we kept giving away late on. As if they neeeded any help time wasting.
    Come to the conclusion that someday Leeds will get a ref who gives us something.... though probably NOT before I pop it!!!

Also, never ceases to amaze me that every team, and I mean every team, that we play, up their game to 110%, every player runs his guts out and have their best ever game, like it's their cup final, yet when a mediocre side comes along like reading or qpr they roll over and die....pi##es me right off!

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Also, never ceases to amaze me that every team, and I mean every team, that we play, up their game to 110%, every player runs his guts out and have their best ever game, like it's their cup final, yet when a mediocre side comes along like reading or qpr they roll over and die....pi##es me right off!

You're right mate......But we continue to cause our own problems, What the f ook was Roofe doing fouling their player in then second half? That needless foul led to a free kick that led to a corner that led to a goal...I know...loads of ifs and buts - BUT our weakness against this team was set pieces - but we gave them too many easy set pieces that led to BOTH their goals.

Teams are working out that to stop us they need to sit deep, soak up any pressure, then hit us on the nbreak - or in today's case get as many set pieces as possible. Obviously I am biased but just cannot get past then decisions that keep going against us - ....beggining of them second half, Roofe up in the corner, two men on him - ...free kick to them FFS

Actually might work in our favour to come away from the top - less pressure and probably less determination from thr opposition?

6 points this week and we will be back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    You're right mate......But we continue to cause our own problems, What the f ook was Roofe doing fouling their player in then second half? That needless foul led to a free kick that led to a corner that led to a goal...I know...loads of ifs and buts - BUT our weakness against this team was set pieces - but we gave them too many easy set pieces that led to BOTH their goals.

Teams are working out that to stop us they need to sit deep, soak up any pressure, then hit us on the nbreak - or in today's case get as many set pieces as possible. Obviously I am biased but just cannot get past then decisions that keep going against us - ....beggining of them second half, Roofe up in the corner, two men on him - ...free kick to them FFS

Actually might work in our favour to come away from the top - less pressure and probably less determination from thr opposition?

6 points this week and we will be back on track.

I noticed that Roofe one in the corner. How the **** does the ref and linesman see that as a freekick to them. And are these linesman meant to make decisions or not, seems to me they just join in when they feel like it. I know thats not why we lost but i can see why Roofe was wound up. And also Saiz having a go at him just before he gave away that freekick didnt help.Saiz seems to pass the blame when he keeps losing it.

Positives learnt today - briefly .................. IMO

1. Roofe and Roberts are not wingers/wide men.

2. Dallas is not a full-back.

3. Points 1 & 2 we knew from last season - now Bielsa Defo,knows too.

4. Again,a lot of possession (68%) & eleven corners too but no end result.

5. Point 1 deduces Roofe must now start as striker only & Roberts as back up striker as neither are effective out wide if both on the pitch.

6.Defenders not dominating set pieces - in defence and attack.Point 4 with regard to our corners today proves our defenders didn't dominate/pressure Rovers six yard box from 11 corners.

7.Again direct pace at us (Armstrong today) is a problem which can expose Pontus & Berardi to be stretched - again this was evident from last season as we know.Bielsa should know that but regardless he'll Defo know now.

Disappointed but we're on a journey and will need 6 points from next two games - so added pressure on players.Bielsa will have learned a lot today of his players in that the mentality is right but players ultimately can only do what their ability allows and when played out of position can be exposed as was the case today,IMO.
    Phillips was class again and never gave up.
    No rose tinted specs from me ........... long way to go yet but six shots should have produced more than a goal.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Positives learnt today - briefly .................. IMO

1. Roofe and Roberts are not wingers/wide men.

2. Dallas is not a full-back.

3. Points 1 & 2 we knew from last season - now Bielsa Defo,knows too.

4. Again,a lot of possession (68%) & eleven corners too but no end result.

5. Point 1 deduces Roofe must now start as striker only & Roberts as back up striker as neither are effective out wide if both on the pitch.

6.Defenders not dominating set pieces - in defence and attack.Point 4 with regard to our corners today proves our defenders didn't dominate/pressure Rovers six yard box from 11 corners.

7.Again direct pace at us (Armstrong today) is a problem which can expose Pontus & Berardi to be stretched - again this was evident from last season as we know.Bielsa should know that but regardless he'll Defo know now.

Disappointed but we're on a journey and will need 6 points from next two games - so added pressure on players.Bielsa will have learned a lot today of his players in that the mentality is right but players ultimately can only do what their ability allows and when played out of position can be exposed as was the case today,IMO.
    Phillips was class again and never gave up.
    No rose tinted specs from me ........... long way to go yet but six shots should have produced more than a goal.

MOT

Spot on Mrs "O"
    Agree with every point made

Long way to go and hopefully some of the pressure off now we're no longer top - But results went for us so far today - just need Derby to get a point at Bramhall lane this evening

...And get 6 points from then next two games of course!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)