+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could Dobbie Play For Scotland ?

Could Dobbie Play For Scotland ?

No I doubt it very much, it's a pace way above what he is used to in the Scottish Championship. What would be the point? I wouldn't think he would get anything other than the last 20 minutes from the bench anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    No I doubt it very much, it's a pace way above what he is used to in the Scottish Championship. What would be the point? I wouldn't think he would get anything other than the last 20 minutes from the bench anyway.
    Like many Scots I`d give a hell of a lot for "just for 20 minutes from the bench". Maybe Dobbie would be the same. I`d be amazed if it happens and from what he says so would the great man himself but it`s surely not difficult to see what the point would be. He`s a superb finisher and wouldn`t be the worst option offf the bench, not going to happen though.
    It`s another matter that he should have been capped when he was absolutely starring for Swansea when they got promoted to the Premiership. Pity"Avril" Levein would rather have picked athletes than footballers.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 19-10-2018 at 12:25 PM.

For me , he's our best finisher . Yes, Dobs is not playing at the top level and I'm not suggesting he starts but is well worth a place on the bench. He can make something out of nothing after all . It won't happen but its a nice thought.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 19-10-2018 at 02:44 PM.

I reckon this speculation has been around before but although I would love to see Dobbie capped I reckon his time has passed for an International call up. However, at least he wouldn't withdraw from the squad like a certain Leigh Griffiths.

For me Dobbie is more than capable of playing, and the only reason he hasn't been chosen is because he plays in the Championship and for Queens. If he was at Rangers for example and on 8 goals for the season he would be an automatic choice.

Clearly it would be a massive step up for him but he's certainly as good as -if not better than our present options and given the precarious state of Scotland's position and that of McLeish he should be named in the squad and given at least 25 minutes in the next match.

Age should not be a barrier....it should be all about picking the best players.

So in a nutshell (and dismissing my QOS hat) he should 100% be named in the squad and given a run out.

Our squad is small enough without losing our star player to join up with the Scotland squad.

No way, Love Dobbie and he is one of the best , most talented players I have seen in a QOS shirt but he is nowhere near getting a call up.
    Matt Ritchie plays week in week out for NUFC in the English top flight and does not get selected so no way would Dobbie get in.
    The Scottish Championship is way below International level. Sir Stephen certainly should have got a few caps in the past but it wont happen now.
    Let him focus on banging in a few more goals for Queens over the next couple of years.

The Scottish team for the last 20 odd years has been picked on profile rather than bringing something to the team in my opinion. Spain are a prime example calling 36 year old Aduriz into the team as he was delivering the goods.

If Hendry is getting into that team there is no reason that Dobbie couldn't.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)