+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who likes to cruise

Who likes to cruise

Hi Phil sounds like you had a great time on your cruise I'm off round the Med in June which cruise line did you choose.Anybody else on here who loves to cruise.

hI Albie, Did 7 nights on the Marella Celebration. We did Croatia, Malta, a couple of Greek islands, Scilly and Montenegro. It was our first time cruising and we are already looking to do another next year. Can you believe how much food there is, jeez?? Breakfast, Lunch, afternoon tea which is like a banquet, then dinner. I thought that was it but no, they had midnight snacks from 11.30pm till 2.00am. No wonder most on cruises look bigger than the ship!!

Hi Phil the Celebration our family favourite ship she's old but we'll loved some great memories whilst on board. Going on Explorer 2 Marella in June. Been on Royal Caribbean and it's ****e full of Americans stick to Marella all inclusive and it's British cheers Albie

Cruising used to be fun but with numberplate recognition and CCTV the chances of being done like David Pleat and Hugh Grant are just too dangerous.

We went on a cruise last year around the Med. I've never come across so many grossly obese people in one location in my life! It also looked like a mobility scooter convention.....most of those who drove around needed their scooters because they were so obese!!
    Never again mind you......locations superb but everywhere we went it was like a small city disembarking......over 5000 on our ship!

A lad who I know is in his twenties, I ripped it out of him for going on a cruise, it’s for old biddies, purple rinses, etc. He came back and raved about all these historic places like Dubrovnik and Old Corfu town, we couldn’t shut him up.
    After all the brow beating from him, this year I gave in and tried it myself as I’m sick to death of sitting around pools getting bored.

I tell you what, it’s without doubt the best holiday I’ve had for years!
    We tried seven nights as we weren’t sure what to expect, I loved every minute, so did the family. We chose the Marrella Explorer 2, the capacity was approx 1800 and it was just right. I was concerned about sea sickness but the ships being fitted with stabilisers take care of most of the rocking and rolling.

We flew to Palma and boarded the boat there, it’s nice and calm. I’m told if you sail direct from the Bay of Biscay it’s a different story and can be very choppy. We went to Sicily, Italy, Spain and France, I saw some great sites, walking up Mount Vesuvius and walking around Pompeii was unbelievable. I also managed inadvertently to p1-5s off Princess Caroline of Monaco whilst in Monte Carlo which was quite funny aswell!

I have not done a sea cruise but my wife and I both being interested in history went and did a Nile river cruise. It was probably the best holiday we have had. It was like travelling back to biblical times seeing the temples etc. People on the river bank washing their clothes, people riding donkeys. Happy kids swimming and waving to us. Dirt poor but seemingly content with their simple life. I would love to do
    it again but I would be loathe to go back again due to unrest. In fact I would not go to any Muslim dominated country while things are like they are. Which is a big shame as there are some wonderful sites to visit.

Cruise holidays have given me 3 of my favourite experiences.

Sailing into Venice
    Visting St Petersburg
    Sailing into Stockholm through the archipelago of 30,000 islands.

We did a Royal Caribbean and liked that there were many different nationalities on board. Made friends with some South Africans who hosted for us for the WC in 2010.

Sea sickness not a problem. Our first night we sailed from Barcelona to Nice thro' hurricane force winds. Many slept thro' and I didn't hear of one person who suffered.
    The gluttony and waste is sometimes a bit much but that didn't stop me accepting the 2nd lobster when it was offered.
    This year did a Danube river cruise. Very different and just as enjoyable.

Wouldn't want to do one every year but will do more

I went on my first cruise this August. Probably wouldn’t have booked one myself but my partners family booked it as a few of us went. We were on the Mirella Dream with TUI. Started from Palma and went to Sicily, Italy, Corsica and Barcelona.

I enjoyed it for a week but couldn’t do a long one like some of folks were doing 3 weeks as too much of a good thing etc. Not sure cruising is the best way to see the world as your time ashore is limited although it gives you a good idea as to whether you’d return for a longer stay.

My cousin worked on several cruise ships including the Queen Mary. He did tell me that cruises are designed to extract as much extra dosh out of you as they can. This is why Wi-Fi was £70 per week on our ship when it’s free at so many places and they try and upsell drinks packaged, meals etc etc. I did enjoy it but I think the more of them you do the more you know the ropes etc

True that stripes, the ship did everything they could to get more money out of us. They only thing extra we paid for were some really fetching photos of us in front of a fake backdrop. But that didnt stop em taking more photos later on, especially when disembarking. They displayed some later ones on the funny faces wall in the evening and i had half me shirt hanging out, a trouser leg in me sock and my zip was half open!! as if id pay for that!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)