+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everest Base Camp

Smile Everest Base Camp

We are planning a trek to Everest Base Camp next autumn and I wondered if anyone on here had done it/looked at it?

The two main difficulties seem to be the altitude (up to 18000 feet) and the flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (which is the most dangerous airport in the world)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDfI4tbMUvs

Otherwise it sounds reasonably straightforward and spectacular.
    https://www.exodus.co.uk/nepal-holid.../tnt#itinerary

Anyway, it is exciting doing the planning - it's good to have a project to look forwards to!

Never mind Everest 59/60, get the bloody Wainwrights done.

Best of luck to you 59/60.

I would not like to do it myself, I know many folk have walked and died on the ground we all wander on today, but there are so many dead bodies still on the routes going up Everest.

I went to Ground Zero in Manhattan 2/3 years ago, they have done it up very well with plaque's and a few waterfalls, but it was very eerie and I didn't want to visit it in the first place but I went because of Matron, a sister in law went to a Nazi concentration camp (I forget which one), she said that was eerie with no birds or wildlife anywhere near the place and she did not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    We are planning a trek to Everest Base Camp next autumn and I wondered if anyone on here had done it/looked at it?
    have woken up to see Everest and Kangchenjunga from a bedroom window....and was certainly spectacular - but my experience of it doesn't go much beyond that - would imagine a trek to base camp to great fun and a super experience....and as you know 59/60 - the walk isn't said to be overly difficult, just need to take it easy and adjust slowly with altitude....but sounds Great - and if you decide to do it....be good to hear more about the trip, preparation and so-on.

Last edited by Norder; 20-10-2018 at 01:51 AM.

Have a word with Ben fogle..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)