+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Watford Matchday Thread

Wolves v Watford Matchday Thread

Match Preview Click Here

Another big game awaits against a Watford side that did start the season so well, but have seemed to have dropped off of late.

Although I am at work I was hoping to stream this but I think the streams may have been blocked as I can't find the Chelsea/Utd game. Have to wait and see.

I know this , if we win this one we will be in the giddy heights.

COMB!!!!

Whoops! Got a job on our hands now. Got to score three to win, tough.

Wolves 0 - 2 Watford. What a difference an International break makes !!!

They are bossing us in midfield and we just can't get a foot in the game at the moment. I have to leave to drive to Baltimore in 5 mins, I will be dreading to look at the score when I get there!

I'm reduced to listening to Watford Radio. My God I'd didn't realise that you could play football whilst wearing halos !!!

I'm reduced to listening to Watford Radio. My God I'd didn't realise that you could play football whilst wearing halos !!!

Comment: "So easy for Watford. totally dominating midfield"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Comment: "So easy for Watford. totally dominating midfield"
    not far wrong that quote bill...watched it on streaming

wolves not even second best..thought watford had 15 men on the pitch at times..

we got what we deserved...watford goalie won't get an easier game for the next 5 seasons

think we expect too much much from neves..pretty poor the day
    should have been subbed

It was going to happen sooner than later. We have perhaps been lulled into a false sense of security with our recent 1-0 victories...

We started of as if we were playing a friendly, there was no tempo to our play, while Watford were pinging the ball about in a manner that was pleasing on the eye. They had plenty of possession but until the first went in they hadn't really looked threatening. The first a shot from outside the box left Patricio stranded, when, less than a minute later, a second was being picked out of the net. Prior to this Foster, who had been loudly booed, pushed one over his crossbar onto the roof of the net. Costa looked off the pace and Nevis wasn't at his best. I think most Wolves fans were longing for half time, and wondering would we see a reaction in the second forty five. The most exciting action of the first half was the firework display prior to kick off.

The referee Lee Mason, was being very fastidious, with the faintest of contact causing whistles and a constant flow of free kicks. Both sides suffered, but Wolves were becoming frustrated, while the crowd were getting very agitated. It wasn't a dirty game but some of the decisions were leaving supporters baffled to say the least. Football isn't a non contact sport, however, Jota, who was probably having his best game of the season, finished up with a yellow for kicking the ball away in frustration.

With seven of the starting eleven having been away on International duty, it was no surprise to see Vinagre replace Jonny at half time, and the youngster did very well. Wolves were a different team after the break but Watford were not going to give away a two goal lead. Soon Docherty and Jimenez were replaced by Cavelero and Traore, but despite their best efforts the Watford defence held firm..

The visitors were a good side and deserved their victory, but the ex Albion keeper was lucky not to get a card with his time wasting tactics. They will take points off many teams and their Premier League experienced showed.

Perhaps after the break, it was time for Nuno to make some changes to the starting eleven. It has been suggested in certain quarters, that some players are becoming complacent and a shake up is needed. A reaction to this defeat will be a must at Brighton next weekend.

A disappointing result on a beautiful warm October afternoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)