+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team vs Brighton

Team vs Brighton

Right, then...nothing less than 3 points will do for this one. MUTO has to start-he just has to. He looked like a proper striker against Man U and about 80 times the player Joselu is. Look, I know Joselu works hard but...well, you know the rest. If Kenedy plays like he did in that game then he'll be a key player today and with Perez, the 3 of them buzzing around caused Man U a load of problems so I'd even start him. With any luck, Wanquillo will be pulling pints in the Collingwood before the game and Atsu will be the guy holding the 'clothing alterations' sign on Northumberland Street. Diame wouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 if we had decent cover and I wouldn't be surprised to see Longstaff replace him as a second half sub.

So:
    ........................................Dubravka.. .............................

Yedlin.................Lascelles.............Ferna ndez........Dummett

Ritchie...............Shelvey...............Diame. ............Kenedy

...........................Perez.................. .........

.................................Muto.............
    Last edited by Zippity; 20-10-2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: sh!tty typing...I blame the keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Wanquillo will be pulling pints in the Collingwood before the game and Atsu will be the guy holding the 'clothing alterations' sign on Northumberland Street. .
    Harsh but true enough - and here´s hoping their shifts finish after 5 o´clock.

That is the team - no doubt from me.

Bit of added background: they scored twice at Southampton but have failed to score in their 3 other away games this season. Plus, they're on a run of 18 away games without a win and only won away twice last season.

Bit of added background: they scored twice at Southampton but have failed to score in their 3 other away games this season. Plus, they're on a run of 18 away games without a win and only won away twice last season.
    That´s it then.

Away win.

it's almost set up that way!

Sadly, I can confirm that Wanquillo isn't pulling pints at the Collingwood.

Newcastle United: Martin Dúbravka, DeAndre Yedlin, Federico Fernández, Jamaal Lascelles, Paul Dummett, Matt Ritchie, Mohamed Diamé, Jonjo Shelvey, Kenedy, Ayoze Pérez, Yoshinori Muto.

Substitutes: Karl Darlow, Javier Manquillo, Fabian Schär, Isaac Hayden, Jacob Murphy, Christian Atsu, Joselu.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Newcastle United: Martin Dúbravka, DeAndre Yedlin, Federico Fernández, Jamaal Lascelles, Paul Dummett, Matt Ritchie, Mohamed Diamé, Jonjo Shelvey, Kenedy, Ayoze Pérez, Yoshinori Muto.

Substitutes: Karl Darlow, Javier Manquillo, Fabian Schär, Isaac Hayden, Jacob Murphy, Christian Atsu, Joselu.
    With the exception of Brylcream Man who is worse than useless it’s probably the strongest side we could field

Two wingers on the bench I would have played Murphy and moved Richie to number 10.

Right, then...nothing less than 3 points will do for this one. MUTO has to start-he just has to. He looked like a proper striker against Man U and about 80 times the player Joselu is. Look, I know Joselu works hard but...well, you know the rest. If Kenedy plays like he did in that game then he'll be a key player today and with Perez, the 3 of them buzzing around caused Man U a load of problems so I'd even start him. With any luck, Wanquillo will be pulling pints in the Collingwood before the game and Atsu will be the guy holding the 'clothing alterations' sign on Northumberland Street. Diame wouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 if we had decent cover and I wouldn't be surprised to see Longstaff replace him as a second half sub.

So:
    ........................................Dubravka.. .............................

Yedlin.................Lascelles.............Ferna ndez........Dummett

Ritchie...............Shelvey...............Diame. ............Kenedy

...........................Perez.................. .........

.................................Muto.............
    Zipster you got it right man,a Raffa team.
    You should give yasell a pat on the back..

3-0 to the toon

FFS Perez clean through and straight at the keeper

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)