+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wigan v Albion team news.matchthread

Livermore sent off. 2 yellows, sadly only a one game ban.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    1/0 down and another absolute insipid performance from the Albion
    An insipid team selection from an insipid manager. Lovely man but way out of his depth as his team selection shows. The whole bloody country can see that Mears is not worth his place but he still gets game time. Can anyone explain this to me?

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    An insipid team selection from an insipid manager. Lovely man but way out of his depth as his team selection shows. The whole bloody country can see that Mears is not worth his place but he still gets game time. Can anyone explain this to me?
    Then there is the plodding Brunt ahead of Field who has always looked good in midfield. We've been getting out of jail due to the attack but today it hasn't happened. It may be the case that a bad run is imminent. No way they will get rid of Moore unless we have a 10-12 match losing/drawing streak. It's hard to call for his head when we are so high in the table but from what I've seen, and it is far less than many of you, we don't look a good team.

The BBC say that's the first time we have failed to score in the league this season. Can someone remind me who it was that scored for us at Middlesborough.

For all the ones on here who said the defence isn't important if your fowards score more than you let in . Well whats the plan B when your forwards don't score ?
    If we had kep't a clean sheet we would have had a point today + been top of the league not 3rd .

Not at the game today but it sounds like a poor performance by all accounts. I must say though, I do find Moore's selections somewhat puzzling. I cannot understand why he continues to select Mears and that young Field never seems to get an opportunity. As some posters have already stated, we could have put out a much stronger side today and whether he is taking into consideration three games in eight days I don't know. The problem is, Albion are either 'famine or feast'.

Totally clueless Moore/Jones need to wake up, away from home should be 4-1-4-1, to keep on picking Mears above some of the youngsters is a disgrace, they may as well go out on loan.Gayle off and the league two standard HRK says it all.
    We haven't played anyone of real substance yet, Derby just scored after 20 secs, they'll murder us with donkeys like Mears, Brunt playing, thankfully Livermore is banned, what has Sam Field got to do to get a game?

BD just been on wm and says he's picking the bones out of it yet again

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Livermore sent off. 2 yellows, sadly only a one game ban.
    Why couldn't it have been brunt we might have seen field play

Big weekend for us this weekend , & let every one down boro won last night but leeds lost Sheffield 1 down after 19 seconds ,could have gone 2 pts cleaar even villa won their bound to stick a decent run together, very disappointing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)