+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

Doidge was always gonna score against us wasn't he? Thought we deserved to win though and would have if that shot of Smiths had gone in and we'd had had the pen for the foul on Manning. The ref was shocking again I know that. Old story though about not taking our chances particularly first half. MOM between Vaulks, Towell, Ajayi and Williams. I will go Vaulks because of the goal. At least we are showing we can compete in this league but we need to start getting summat away from home because if we lose the next 2 away games we will almost certainly be in the bottom 3.

I thought they were a typical Parkinson team it was like watching Bradford. They were big, ugly and chucked themselves on the floor at every opportunity and conned the ref.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-10-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Disappointed with the final result.

Positives, this is the third game in a row where we have had the majority of possession.

We always need the second goal.

MOM for me was either Smudge who was awesome or Willow
    Unable to get to the game today, but have been following it on Millersmad, Twitter, etc.We are playing quite well for spells in most games (even when we lose), but the lack of goals, especially from our forwards, needs to be remedied, otherwise we will get relegated. For example, if we had signed Doidge (or somebody similar) when we had the chance, we would probably have won today. We've already played Millwall, Hull and Ipswich at home, so the home fixtures will get harder, not easier. Still only one goal from open play this season - at Birmingham, when we were already three goals down and the opposition had taken their foot off the pedal. Got to do better than that, and need to sign a goalscorer in January, even if only on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Unable to get to the game today, but have been following it on Millersmad, Twitter, etc.We are playing quite well for spells in most games (even when we lose), but the lack of goals, especially from our forwards, needs to be remedied, otherwise we will get relegated. For example, if we had signed Doidge (or somebody similar) when we had the chance, we would probably have won today. We've already played Millwall, Hull and Ipswich at home, so the home fixtures will get harder, not easier. Still only one goal from open play this season - at Birmingham, when we were already three goals down and the opposition had taken their foot off the pedal. Got to do better than that, and need to sign a goalscorer in January, even if only on loan.
    Don't forget the goal from open play at Brentford when we were 5-0 down

Poor defence for the goal and poor defence for their penalty. I thought we pressed quite well which is what I want to see but with a guaranteed loss in the next game this is a major disappointment!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Doidge was always gonna score against us wasn't he? Thought we deserved to win though and would have if that shot of Smiths had gone in and we'd had had the pen for the foul on Manning. The ref was shocking again I know that. Old story though about not taking our chances particularly first half. MOM between Vaulks, Towell, Ajayi and Williams. I will go Vaulks because of the goal. At least we are showing we can compete in this league but we need to start getting summat away from home because if we lose the next 2 away games we will almost certainly be in the bottom 3.

I thought they were a typical Parkinson team it was like watching Bradford. They were big, ugly and chucked themselves on the floor at every opportunity and conned the ref.
    The penalty that wasn't given for a foul on Manning was the right decision Roly. I shouted for a pen sraight away and was angry for ages but after the match I watched it back and the camera angle showed that he didn't touch him.

It was clever and on another day it would have been given but it was one of the few decisions that the ref got right.

I could be wrong because I had only one camera view and hope someone who saw any contact will prove me wrong. Manning held his knee as if he'd been felled but the defender wasn't anywhere near his knee.

Disappointed today,I though we were the better side but 2points lost.This teams crying out for a Frecklington & a goal scorer but have we got the cash or nerve to spend.If Barnsley & Donny come up that will be a massive loss if we go down.Bolton weren't good but they had got Championship nounce.

I was behind the goal and for me their player definitely clipped him high up on the leg Froggy..Warney thought so as well and he is usually pretty honest.Pen for me all day.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Don't forget the goal from open play at Brentford when we were 5-0 down
    That was from a long throw! (I was there)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 20-10-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I was behind the goal and for me their player definitely clipped him high up on the leg Froggy..Warney thought so as well and he is usually pretty honest.Pen for me all day.
    The bigger clubs always get the tight decisions always have always will.Pulis will be pulling a few strings Tuesday.

After being on top for so long and finally getting the goal it feels like a loss today. I felt we sat back too much after our goal. We stopped taking the long throws and generally were more negative. With them having to push up more I thought we could get a second and kill the game. At 1 - 0 we were always one defensive error from losing two points and that's what happened.
    Of course, we could have gone for it and not got a second (always possible with our terrible chances to goals ratio) and still concede. We would then be criticised for not sitting on the lead.
    As usual maximum effort from our lads but lacking the quality to finish. Poor defending for the equaliser.
    A couple of spozzy away wins wouldn't go amiss

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast