+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    (PART 2 seeing as my other post was put on here)

Fine lines.

Great effort from the team, tactics? Fed up of repeating the same old thing in 1 up front doesn't work in EVERY game.

Now officially the Championship's lowest goal scorers.

Chances a plenty, poor finishing all round apart from Vaulks superb free kick.

Smith was very unlucky not to have scored a beauty today.

Mattock should not have let the ball bounce only to get out muscled by Donaldson, with the inevitable equaliser.

Great display from Rodak today and the penalty save was outstanding.

We're triers but, it ain't good enough when you've dropped 6 points in your last 3 home games when all 9 points were there for the taking.
    Brin - usually all posts the evening after a game and related to post match thoughts get merged unless I'm not online or on the mobile version where it can't be done. It's a pain in the arse to do and we are thinking of starting to fine the offenders Talking of money, you and Pocket in for another $2 for the $1.6B draw on Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I think if they can get Stephen Ireland fit & playing well they will be safe.
    I think on that evidence that they need more than a fit Stephen Ireland

To be honest I thought we were worth a win today, but 2 things still stick out each game, we have to take our chances and learn to close down matches. Today we played some good stuff but weren't upto the standards of previous home games.
    Rodak. Brilliant save from pen and couldn't do much with goal.
    Jones / Vyner. Hope Jones injury isn't bad we need him. Vyner did OK when he came on and made some good forward runs.
    Mattock. What was he doing with the goal, it should have been back to rodak or row z.
    Ajayi. Lost out on a few headers in first half but back to his dominant best in the second.
    Wood. Poor game, got run around in first half and again when conceding pen.
    Vauxs. Brilliant free kick, I was getting ready to catch it in row L but made me eat my words. Just needs to stop giving ball away with showboat passes which go astray.
    Towell. Not at his best today specially first half.
    Williams. Handful again, their bloke should have seen red for studs up tackle on him, wish he had more end product and he should have had the head CVr in.
    Taylor. His best game of the season for me he actually looked a handful and caused them problems.
    Vassell. Poor game his worst in a Millers shirt, I usually like him but he was ineffective and spent too much time on the floor in pointless attempts for free kicks
    Smith. My MOM caused loads of problems they couldn't handle him, won the ball, layed it off well and the shot would have been a fitting reward.
    Manning. Maybe should have been on earlier. I thought it was definitely a pen.
    Newell. Didn't really get started.
    I thought the ref was poor second half, gave them soft free kicks which took the pressure off at key moments.
    Overall I thought we were the better side, but what counts us that it is another chance gone against a team that will be vying to survive like us.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    We don’t need to close out games. We need to learn how to score goals.
    Really? If we had closed this game down we would have won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Brin - usually all posts the evening after a game and related to post match thoughts get merged unless I'm not online or on the mobile version where it can't be done. It's a pain in the arse to do and we are thinking of starting to fine the offenders Talking of money, you and Pocket in for another $2 for the $1.6B draw on Tuesday?
    Wow! So it didn’t get won. Get me down for $10’s worth. Would love to take over and pump some serious money into RUFC. Thing is would it be a sell out every home game if we did? Would the town folk really appreciate it? Get where TS is coming from at times when we can’t even generate a 12,000 home gate

Stoke City have 16 points , Aston Vila have 18 , Rotherham have 12 .

The mentioned clubs have probably spent more in the summer than RUFC have in their entire history .

Tell you what they don't have , something money can't buy , togetherness and team spirit .

I gave you no chance before a ball was kicked but I actually think you have a shot at this .

Probably will go down to the last game but you will have an opportunity to stay in the league .

Ipswich have backed the wrong hoss with Hurst and he's recruited badly , Hull have problems big time throughout the club and Preston are a comparable club who you can finish above easily .

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Really? If we had closed this game down we would have won the game.
    Yes Really. If we had took our chances we would have won the game. Then we wouldn’t need to close down the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wow! So it didn’t get won. Get me down for $10’s worth. Would love to take over and pump some serious money into RUFC. Thing is would it be a sell out every home game if we did? Would the town folk really appreciate it? Get where TS is coming from at times when we can’t even generate a 12,000 home gate
    Imagine you and CAM owning RUFC the abuse on here will be horrific if we don't win the Prem in 3 years, and get the fecking G&C building sorted out

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Cam put me down.
    How can I send you the money pal?
    When are you back up in Barnsley visiting I’ll get you a ticket you can sit with the educated group 😊

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Yes Really. If we had took our chances we would have won the game. Then we wouldn’t need to close down the game.
    So a 1-0 win is not good enough for you then? Talk about deluded.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast