+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Were Doomed

After witnessing today...I think we're going down.

The first half against Man U gave me hope but, then, we often do raise our games against the better teams and we lost that one anyway. In the games against the teams around us we've been found wanting and it's those games that will decide our fate.

It's all about opinions but I disagree Tanya, mate, that we played a good game. I think their 'keeper had to make one save all game (from Perez early on), there was zero intensity or urgency-baffling given that we were losing, we were hitting ball after ball at their centre halves who won almost every single header, they won every second ball. we were hitting the ball straight out of play.

We've all seen relegation teams at our place and this one is right up there with the worst, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

The first half against Man U gave me hope but, then, we often do raise our games against the better teams and we lost that one anyway. In the games against the teams around us we've been found wanting and it's those games that will decide our fate.

It's all about opinions but I disagree Tanya, mate, that we played a good game. I think their 'keeper had to make one save all game (from Perez early on), there was zero intensity or urgency-baffling given that we were losing, we were hitting ball after ball at their centre halves who won almost every single header, they won every second ball. we were hitting the ball straight out of play.

We've all seen relegation teams at our place and this one is right up there with the worst, imo.
    Agree 100% sadly were going down their seems no bite in attack or creativity, the only plus point is we arent conceding many goals but thats not going to keep us up

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Yet another useless performance and no goals yet again, sadly were doomed by the time we can get a decent striker in in january it will be way to late. Suppose Rafa will come out with the usual talk and Ashley will carry on smirking, what a total mess
    What decent striker will come here we will be fu#ked by January anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Byker Mag View Post
    Yup...plus, which club would sell a decent striker anyway mid season?

Another stat, folks...we're only the fourth Premier League club to lose our first five home games,

The other three all got relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Byker Mag View Post
    Thats what i said, we could spend 100m on a new striker in january but it will be to late and pointless by then, were snookered

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

I hope you're wrong but I fear you are right.

So in the time before Ashley(117 years) we had been relegated 4 times.Since Ashley we are looking at our 3rd in 11 years.Thanks slug.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    So in the time before Ashley(117 years) we had been relegated 4 times.Since Ashley we are looking at our 3rd in 11 years.Thanks slug.
    ffs, man....what a stat

Anyone whoremotely thinks we will get a £30 million striker in during January is dreaming

It will be another couple of Ashley’s loan deals which will come in during the last few days of the window.
    Last edited by TheOtherTerryMac; 20-10-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    That can't be used as any yardstick for many reasons.

Also two relegations, not 3 to be looking at.
    Also two relegations that were not from underinvestment.
    Add to that, we made amends the very next season.
    That's some feat when you think about it.

Years ago when we went down, we went down for a while and nearly added another lower league to it at one time under Ardiles who had actually assembled a very tidy footballing outfit, which was unfortunately too much too young and had to be arrested with some contingency plan that basically became a feast at the expense of young futures for the club.

A necessary evil in one sense, but the true cost of being catapulted into the big time where the luxury of homegrown quality youth had to take a back seat for the upmarket push of city and club to match.

Of course, the embarrassment of having to bow out of the top league for a massive? big? sleeping giant?... club like us is hard to accept when you get used to having all kinds of adulation thrown at you from every angle.

The stark reality is, we ride along on a past that we believed was the dogs horlicks when the truth was a tad different, except for the sporadic attempts at hitting the golden egg during the tenures of managerial messiah's at the start, only for some to turn into managerial mishaps among the few real messiah's (Keegan/Robson).

We are now onto another mishap who is lucky enough to be under the radar of the hatred for the owner and can almost carry on regardless with total impunity, it seems.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)