+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Were Doomed

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Anyone whoremotely thinks we will get a £30 million striker in during January is dreaming

It will be another couple of Ashley’s loan deals which will come in during the last few days of the window.
    Just f•ck off Newcastle - you useless pile of sh*te.

Anyone whoremotely thinks we will get a £30 million striker in during January is dreaming

It will be another couple of Ashley’s loan deals which will come in during the last few days of the window.
    When we start getting in 30 million strikers, we are a club destined to sit in the lower leagues for a long time to come....or worse.

The north east mercenaries strike again...because this is exactly what will happen.
    This club has to be clever. It has to wheel and deal to survive for one and to have any chance of making any attempt at a long term push, up.

If the club tries to go for it in this climate of elite clubs under protection of officials...we are doomed and we will follow Sunderland.
    The cards are rigged and I think even Ashley knows this.

Charnley just quoted as saying, "We'll do better when we play the lesser teams"
    What the hell are we worrying about then ? You couldn't make it up man !

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    ffs, man....what a stat
    Aye.Looking at the 3rd relegation under the slug.You just can't beat this stable club b0llocks we get told about.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    So in the time before Ashley(117 years) we had been relegated 4 times.Since Ashley we are looking at our 3rd in 11 years.Thanks slug.
    Horrendous.

We need him gone so very badly.

Yet if we go down, he'll hang on rather than sell at a loss - I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    When we start getting in 30 million strikers, we are a club destined to sit in the lower leagues for a long time to come....or worse.

The north east mercenaries strike again...because this is exactly what will happen.
    This club has to be clever. It has to wheel and deal to survive for one and to have any chance of making any attempt at a long term push, up.

If the club tries to go for it in this climate of elite clubs under protection of officials...we are doomed and we will follow Sunderland.
    The cards are rigged and I think even Ashley knows this.
    It won’t happen anyway you know that and so do all of the supporters

It will be a loan deal for another Slimaniesk player. I don’t mind getting relegated as this is the standard of our present squad

We finished in a false position in my eyes last season and could well of been relegated.

Nothing will change with the present owner in charge.

It will be a loan deal for another Slimaniesk player. I don’t mind getting relegated as this is the standard of our present squad

We finished in a false position in my eyes last season and could well of been relegated.

.. Do you really think anything would change with a new owner, baring someone with so much money they don't know what to do with it .. Our clubs are too far away from London to really matter these days. Small clubs in and around London are become bigger clubs .. The best thing that could happen to us football supporters in the North East is the Premier money bubble busting ..

We make our own 30 million strikers. That's how you survive as a north east club against the elites in the premier league.
    The problem is, we have to try and keep them in order for them to do a job of their worth but the big bad clubs come a knocking with the big offers and the head turning enticements.
    Or we have a manager who will refuse to play to the strength of a potential 30 million player and yet the very same player can be sold for close to that, leaving us with the issue of trying to replace with better, but having to pay way above that fee and also escalated wages to go with it.
    A sure fire major blow to the well being of this club when those players eventually start to create fuss and become mercenary.

That's what we're up against.

It's not accidental that all north east clubs are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    .. Do you really think anything would change with a new owner, baring someone with so much money they don't know what to do with it .. Our clubs are too far away from London to really matter these days. Small clubs in and around London are become bigger clubs .. The best thing that could happen to us football supporters in the North East is the Premier money bubble busting ..
    Aalreet, Andy.

There are no guarantees but 3 relegations (yeah, 2 currently but the next one is on its way this season) tells its own story of chronic under investment. Surely any new owner would at least try and compete...and i think if we competed with the resources we have-and would have with a new owner-then I think we'd be fine.

I agree with your wider point about the North East teams finding it harder to attract players but I think it's still do-able...we just have to pay more. if we were fulfilling our potential, I think it would be far less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    Don't think we all want someone with loads of money.There is money going missing and we have an owner who holds the area and fans with contempt.
    He is raping the club for Sports Direct.He is making money there on the back of Newcastle United.
    Personally I want an owner that respects what this club is about.
    You had a change of owner Andy,might not have billions but they are on board with the fans which is important in my eyes.
    Regardless of what happens with your lot this season,because of change of owner you are slowly going in the right direction.We have no direction and never will with this owner.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)