+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ashley the astute businessman

Ashley the astute businessman

Simple question - why has he not sacked Rafa before now ? Previous PL managers have been sacked for much less.So why is Rafa so different? Does £6m frighten him or is it the fact that he knows whole heartedly where the blame lies and is too fearful of the consequences. What a shambles of an ''owner''.

I suspect it's the 6 mil.

Mind, are we assuming that because Rafa has to apparently pay that if he leaves, fatso has to pay that if he sacks him?

Rafa appears to be Spartacus at this present time and Ashley knows this.
    I have a feeling, though, that the tide is turning against him.
    Ashley (assuming he's staying) should sack Rafa and just pay up what's left of his contract, then bring in a manager to reinvigorate this squad of players and use them in the right way.
    Then, I believe we will see a much better outfit that will more than hold its own.

On the flip side (assuming he wants out), Ashley might be hoping to sell up or have a potential buyer and is keeping Benitez as the tool for the new owner to use along with the fans who seem to think he's the right tool for the job. I personally think Benitez is equivalent to a rusty tool not fit for purpose at this club, in terms of how he sets this team out and coaches them.

There's my potentials.

An astute businessman would see what he has here,what he could have and how it could take off.
    Ashley is not an astute businessman.He is a bully that doesn't like people questioning him or standing up to him.
    That is why he runs the club as he does.We,well apart from one or two the support as a whole will not lick his ar5e.He can't handle that and this is his way of getting to the support that can't stand the fat kunt.
    Regards Rafa,part of me wants him to walk.Lets see what kicks off when he does.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Simple question - why has he not sacked Rafa before now ? Previous PL managers have been sacked for much less.So why is Rafa so different? Does £6m frighten him or is it the fact that he knows whole heartedly where the blame lies and is too fearful of the consequences. What a shambles of an ''owner''.
    Keegan would have walked so would any other top class manager but Rafas on 6 million a year and he is not going to walk away from that is he . I dont think Keegan would have gone to Ponteland to suck the Fat Lads c#ck

Rafa will see our his contract and why wouldn’t he.

It is plain for everyone to see that we need a top quality striker which we didn’t get in the close season. Indeed we only got Rondón by allowing Gayle to go the other way in exchange.

Gayle is not a Premiership striker so good luck to the lad he will do well in the Fizzy as that is his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    An astute businessman would see what he has here,what he could have and how it could take off.
    Ashley is not an astute businessman.He is a bully that doesn't like people questioning him or standing up to him.
    That is why he runs the club as he does.We,well apart from one or two the support as a whole will not lick his ar5e.He can't handle that and this is his way of getting to the support that can't stand the fat kunt.
    Regards Rafa,part of me wants him to walk.Lets see what kicks off when he does.
    Agree with this.

He fits all the classic traits of a bully.

Rafa is a significant asset in the sale of the club.

He will only sack him if he reckons he can lie and trick someone else to pick up the reigns and get 38pts without any additional investment.

Good luck with that.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)