+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Got Back and My Thoughts are:

Sadly as I said on a previous post, the ghost of that moron Pulis still survives in Darren Moore, limited in his game management, afraid to use the younger more hungry players, slow witted and blinkered, loves an over 30 year old.
    Three at the back is a disaster, you just have to look at the teams that play that way, they cause themselves un nessasary problems in their own half of the field. As much as I hate Pulis he has got it spot on at Boro, a strong back four with the midfield helping out defensively, we look like a Sunday league side in our defending, yes we have 24 points but we have not played anyone of any real substance and have got lucky in a few games, Derby on Wednesday will be a real test, they play quick slick football and are defensively sound, as other posters have said this could be the start of our downward spiral, teams have found us out and Moore seems to have no plan B, whether Gayle was injured or not replacing him with Robson- Kanu was a complete joke, this from me is not a knee jerk reaction but some thing that me and a lot of other fans have seen coming for weeks, is Darren Moore the man for the job? In my opinion, no, I think we have missed a trick in not getting Dean Smith, someone that knows the league well and is prepared to use the younger players, I hate to say this but I think Villa may overtake us as the season goes on.
    This is a pivotal season for us, we need to get back up as next season we won't have the likes JRod, Barnes, Gayle, Dawson, Gibbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Sadly as I said on a previous post, the ghost of that moron Pulis still survives in Darren Moore, limited in his game management, afraid to use the younger more hungry players, slow witted and blinkered, loves an over 30 year old.
    Three at the back is a disaster, you just have to look at the teams that play that way, they cause themselves un nessasary problems in their own half of the field. As much as I hate Pulis he has got it spot on at Boro, a strong back four with the midfield helping out defensively, we look like a Sunday league side in our defending, yes we have 24 points but we have not played anyone of any real substance and have got lucky in a few games, Derby on Wednesday will be a real test, they play quick slick football and are defensively sound, as other posters have said this could be the start of our downward spiral, teams have found us out and Moore seems to have no plan B, whether Gayle was injured or not replacing him with Robson- Kanu was a complete joke, this from me is not a knee jerk reaction but some thing that me and a lot of other fans have seen coming for weeks, is Darren Moore the man for the job? In my opinion, no, I think we have missed a trick in not getting Dean Smith, someone that knows the league well and is prepared to use the younger players, I hate to say this but I think Villa may overtake us as the season goes on.
    This is a pivotal season for us, we need to get back up as next season we won't have the likes JRod, Barnes, Gayle, Dawson, Gibbs.

I agree with almost every word, and yes Vile will overtake us. Bet Mears and Brunt are on the team sheet on Wednesday and we never learn! Edwards looked decent when he came on but hopefully he enjoyed the last 15 minutes as the next 15 minutes most likely will be in an FA Cup match!

God help us if Gayle or Barnes get injured but then again, they may get subbed anyway. Asking Robson Kanu to produce a moment of magic is like asking to be blessed with the Lotto numbers!

Whilst, I think Johnstone is decent - he's no where near in the same league as Ben Foster and looks flat footed, nervous, poor distribution, although he does make a few outstanding saves!

Derby must be a must win or people will start to turn on Moore. Many at Wigan yesterday were cursing Moore and why not - Mears/Brunt and taking off Gayle and no plan B. I spent over 100 quid yesterday to see feckin crap against Wigan - yes Wigan and what did Moore say - " we battled". Well if we battled, then Katie Price is a virgin!

Been out all day , not long got home & browsing at the boards & most of the posts if not all say the same sort of thing , & you know something Lads your all right , well you are in my eyes .

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Couldn't agree more Al. Big D is a great club man but management material he is definitely NOT

Anyone who considers that Mears is better than Field or Sako has got a real problem. We have got ourselves into a good position in the league but unless we play our best players I can't see us holding that position. A real shame because I like Big D as a man and I feel he has got a lot to offer our club but not in his current position.

I know people will disagree but that's the way I see it.
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would suggest Mears is a better player than either Field or Sako Tipp'. Mears is an aging right back who was pretty much shot at Championship level three years ago and has since been released from the MLS. He was only brought in as cover for Phillips in a position which is largely alien to him. The problem with inadequate cover is the inconvenience of it ever being called upon as it currently is.

If we're going to play him as an emergency resort then it should be at right back (I'm not advocating this over 90 minutes by the way). For me the blame lies further up the food chain than either Daren Moore or even Tyrone Mears. I realise DM would have signed it off but only as a last resort to get bodies in; he should never have been recruited in the first place and our net should have cast more imaginatively. I'd actually feel a little sorry for him if he weren't being reimbursed for his 'efforts'. He's game enough in the head but the body's no longer able to sustain him over 90 minutes. He should be a substitute at best.

Sako meanwhile may at a push be able to play the right wing back role in the Championship, but his strengths lie further up the pitch. And given he hasn't played since last season due to an injury to his ankle, the up and down nature of the wing back role may not be for him just yet. As for Sam Field he's a central midfielder, so as all three play in different positions I'm not sure you're comparing eggs with eggs.

Moving onto other likely candidates Burke doesn't appear tactically savvy enough for the right wing back role and is seemingly being converted to a striker. Much as I like him Leko's no wing back, and although Edwards is right footed and has given decent cameo performances, he's better suited to left midfield or behind the forward(s). I think we're overdue a change in formation rather than continuing to fit square pegs into round holes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)