+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dyche City Post Match.

The referees' forum which I frequent are in agreement that Kompany should have gone, the second goal was terrible officiating and Sane should have been booked, the ball was out of play and the player was offside and Sane should have been off for hos assault on Lowton. They thought that City had been handed a large slice of luck with decisions in their favour today and agreed with Sean Dyche's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    .....no doubt when he talks to the Evening Telegraph, Radio Lancs, Burnley Express journos he'll talk a little bit more about the team's performance, if he's asked, which no doubt he will be.
    would like to think so - Sinkov....but you know how damage limitation works - shift the focus etc.

Dyche is getting the reputation amongst ex pros and press as a whinger. Its way better than his repetitive sales patter we have suffered for 5 years.
    Nobody cares what a refs forum says.

Its the interpretation of the referee on the day from what he sees. No one else.

Could have, should have, would haves don't roll with me.

Ps. We hardly kicked the ball. Dyche didn't have much claret to talk.

Wake up people our defence cost 10€ million
    That's all five!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SELDOM_SEEN_KID View Post
    Dyche is getting the reputation amongst ex pros and press as a whinger. Its way better than his repetitive sales patter we have suffered for 5 years.

Its the interpretation of the referee on the day from what he sees. No one else.

Could have, should have, would haves don't roll with me.

Ps. We hardly kicked the ball. Dyche didn't have much claret to talk.

Wake up people our defence cost 10€ million
    That's all five!!!!!
    Kompany should have gone in the first minute.

The second goal was a phucking joke.

Sane should have gone for the assault on Lowton.

FFS SD is entitled to moan!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Kompany should have gone in the first minute.

The second goal was a phucking joke.

Sane should have gone for the assault on Lowton.

FFS SD is entitled to moan!
    Even the muppets on MOTD agreed that Dyche was right to feel aggrieved, their second was such a shambles that even the liner has apologised for getting it wrong, and City should have finished the game with nine men if the ref had done his job properly. Dyche admitted none of it affected the outcome, and maybe it didn't, but it would have been interesting to see City playing virtually the entire game with ten men. Would they still have won ? I think they probably would, so maybe it's as well Kompany stayed on.

Quote Originally Posted by SELDOM_SEEN_KID View Post
    Speak for yourself, I care and so does Sub, and judging from the fact that virtually every newspaper and TV company employ ex-referees to comment on decisions so do most people.

The second goal could have been prevented if just one of our players had been professional and followed the ball instead of showboating to the referee-simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    The second goal could have been prevented if just one of our players had been professional and followed the ball instead of showboating to the referee-simple.
    Yes, Dyche said that, they switched off and they shouldn't have done. It would also have been prevented if the officials had been professional and done their job properly. So agreement all round, and everyone agrees it made no difference to the outcome, so no controversy at all really, storm in a tea cup.

....he's entitled to have a go at the officials - but he pointedly acknowledged City's quality....so essentialy, we were done for, and Burnley had absolutely nothing to offer in response - and I even think, that if City went down to 9 men - we'd still have struggled...regardless of the officiating - thats the reality, and that's what need to be addressed !

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I have to agree with you Saxo. He was not happy today and he said why and it was all straight forward. We did not expect to win against City, however, a few things going against us made it an extremely difficult game. He knows the problems and he will work to sort things out, as he always has done, the problem is ---will the fans stay onside and support him?

Good win for Rovers today and I see your other team turned Huddersfield over too.
    I would love to believe that he will work it out Supersub6 but if it is a problem of personnel he can do nothing until the Jan transfer window.

Of course, we had the very long pre-season transfer window and little was done except get an injured player in--so form doesn't support your upbeat.

If its NOT personnel why isn't it already sorted?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)