+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ratings

Ratings

Fitz _ 5
    Toots_4
    Evina _4
    Ward_6
    Turley_5
    Lewis _5
    Hewitt _3
    Enzio_2 and that's me being generous
    Thomas _6
    Stead_4
    Hemming_3

Vaughan 4
    Dennis 3

Fitz - 6 - Don’t think he could do anything about any of the goals, handling OK.
    Toots - 3 - Needs some time out of the limelight. Didn’t get close to their winger, gave away a penalty, contributed nothing going forward. What’s gone wrong?
    Evina - 4 - All of the threat was on the other flank, but he contributed little other than one decent shot that whistled past the post.
    Ward - 5 - At least he let the Bury players know they were in a game.
    Turley - 5 - Had a header cleared off the line, otherwise quiet.
    Lewis - 4 - Needed to be higher up the pitch, struggled to get involved and link up play.
    Hewitt - 3 - Headless chicken, picked up stupid booking and was subbed off before he could be sent off.
    Enzio - 3 - Enzio at his worst. Zero tracking back, zero attacking menace, barely looked interested. Never play him on the right.
    Thomas - 3 - Whenever he starts, we are lightweight in midfield. Has shown the tiniest glimpses of quality, but nowhere near enough to justify a starting place. Wasted a free kick when we were desperate for a lifeline before half-time with a feeble effort into the wall.
    Stead - 4 - Never got into the game and struggled to hold the ball up all afternoon.
    Hemming - 4 - Off the pace, hooked at half time.
    Vaughan - 5 - A few nice passes from deep, but Danns was the only 35-year-old midfielder on the pitch who had any energy or drive.
    Dennis - 4 - Low in confidence, got a few shots away but never linked up with Stead.

HK - 3 - Whether he underestimated Bury or overestimated us, he got this one badly wrong. We were second best from minute 1 to 90, his formation made us easy to play through and, while attacking on paper, it meant we never had the ball in dangerous areas. Back to basics on Tuesday, otherwise another drubbing awaits.

Toots 1 (I sat towards the back of the stand and still got closer to their players than he did)
    Enzio 1 ( Fraudster)

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Toots 1 (I sat towards the back of the stand and still got closer to their players than he did)
    Enzio 1 ( Fraudster)
    Thought Tootle was one of the better players last season but he now has become very poor, scared to put in a tackle gives the attacker an easy option by laying off them and not marking tightly , I have noticed the amount of crosses he is not cutting out giving more work to the center backs this season. Something needs to change.

Wonder if he has mental problems again.Was extremely disappointed when Nolan left.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Enzio 1 ( Fraudster)
    To be fair, Toots was up against the best player I have seen Notts face this season in Danny Major. He desperately needed help but someone forgot to tell Enzio the international break was over. That said, he still was very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Thought Tootle was one of the better players last season but he now has become very poor, scared to put in a tackle gives the attacker an easy option by laying off them and not marking tightly , I have noticed the amount of crosses he is not cutting out giving more work to the center backs this season. Something needs to change.
    Confidence makes such a difference in sport, and maybe his is low at present. I wouldn't single him out though. I've been staggered by the poor quality of all of our full-backs from a defensive point of view in recent years. The art of getting tight to the attacking wide player and putting your body on the line to stop the cross at all costs seems to have been lost. These days, most full-backs seem to jog alongside the winger (if they bother to track back at all) and then take up a face-on position midway between the attacker and their own central defenders, meaning the winger can whip the ball around them to the left or right or even over their head. You need to be virtually stood on the winger's toes if you're going to deny them room to get the cross in, and ideally you should put the ball and the winger in the stands, Stuart Pearce stylee.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Confidence makes such a difference in sport, and maybe his is low at present. I wouldn't single him out though. I've been staggered by the poor quality of all of our full-backs from a defensive point of view in recent years. The art of getting tight to the attacking wide player and putting your body on the line to stop the cross at all costs seems to have been lost. These days, most full-backs seem to jog alongside the winger (if they bother to track back at all) and then take up a face-on position midway between the attacker and their own central defenders, meaning the winger can whip the ball around them to the left or right or even over their head. You need to be virtually stood on the winger's toes if you're going to deny them room to get the cross in, and ideally you should put the ball and the winger in the stands, Stuart Pearce stylee.
    I've noticed the same. Toots seems to be copying Hewitt in the he just runs alongside the winger, with no desire to try and tackle. I know that full backs are scared of committing, as it means the winger has the chance to run free, but surely the aim is to stop the winger getting in at all costs. It just looks so easy to play against us these days.

Last year, Toots was solid going forward and solid at the back. This season he rarely influences our attacks and can't seem to defend.

I was at the game. To be honest, I think Turley and Ward were still pretty solid and Fitzsimmons made some good saves. All the problems came down the right. Their winger was totally terrorising Tootle. Kewell should have taken him off after their 1st goal. Can't believe he left him on. The 2nd and 3rd goal we're also Tootle's fault, obviously with one being a pen that he gave away. Terrible game from Tootle, compounded by the fact that he was getting no help from Enzio whatsoever. Bad game for him too.
    The midfield was being overun. At least we started to play a bit of football when Vaughan came on. We nearly got back in it at 2-1 with the header from Turley. Would have made for an interesting last 20 mins. Then, as we were getting ourselves back in the game Tootle goes and ****s it all up.

Thomas or Stead motm
    At least they were trying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast