+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prior to Ashley

Prior to Ashley

this club has been relegated four times in 130 years, an average of more than every 32 years.

If we go down this season under Ashley it will be three times in less than twelve years. An average of every four years.

Can anyone in their right mind condone that and justify Ashley as an owner.

He's a parasite that seems to be glorying in destroying our club.

We were down for 1 season on both occasions.
    Both relegation occasions were not through lack of monetary input, just as both title winning championship seasons were because of monetary input and also the willingness to keep aboard premier league players on premier league wages.

There is no third time as of yet.

We live in a time where TV money takes precedence over actual club in house coffers.
    It makes small clubs into big clubs for short periods of time and big clubs into insignificant clubs against them, in the main...discarding the accepted elites.

130 years does not tell any real bonafide story to use as any yardstick.

We are talking owners with personal cash to buy a club.
    How many owners in those 130 years bought Newcastle United outright, before Ashley?

When this club starts plucking players from the non league (remember Alan Shoulder) and small scottish clubs, then we can start to also use that against Ashley....or would that be, for Ashley?

The list could be almost endless if we want to bring up a 130 year entire club history.

Ashley is a kunt.Need rid.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Ashley is a kunt.Need rid.
    Straight to the point and 100% accurate.

[QUOTE=ghostrider;39042736]We live in a time where TV money takes precedence over actual club in house coffers.
    It makes small clubs into big clubs for short periods of time and big clubs into insignificant clubs against them, in the main...discarding the accepted elites.(End of Ghost's quote)

How many seasons may we be down for next time if Fatty doesn't give Rafa the same investment other clubs are getting.

We live in a time where TV money doesn't go into the club as it was intended to but merely makes Ashley's pockets bulge.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post

How many seasons may we be down for next time if Fatty doesn't give Rafa the same investment other clubs are getting.
    What other clubs?
    Name the clubs and their so called investments, bearing in mind what the term "investment" is supposed to mean.

We live in a time where TV money doesn't go into the club as it was intended to but merely makes Ashley's pockets bulge.
    Are you telling me that 130 million a season has to go into the club?
    Fair enough but then tell me what that creates?

The way I see it is, bigger transfer fees and much bigger wages.
    The problem is, the wages go up and up at a rate of knots.

I keep saying this but the north east clubs cannot sustain this.
    We have to wheel and deal and play hard ball.

Adding the odd big signings is fine but adding aplenty is a death knell.

The so called investors ( I'm assuming the Fulham's and Wolves, etc) have money no object type owners until fair play comes to the fore.

Q.P.R will give you a good insight into what I'm getting at.
    I don't call that investment. I call it wanton destruction or heart on the sleeve owner/fan like naivety.
    Ring any bells?

Take a good look at all those clubs in a few seasons and see where some will end up for their fluttering.
    Many have already sunk, including Sunderland. And we could easily follow by following a route that almost always ends up treacherous.

Are you telling me that you come on here day upon day, many times per day and you have no idea what the clubs in the Premiership have invested compared to us. Give us a break man, even pboro in all his glory wouldn't try to pull that one.

And it all shows by the position we are in and the position much less fashionable clubs than us are in.

Go get yourself a new guide dog or two.

Are you telling me that you come on here day upon day, many times per day and you have no idea what the clubs in the Premiership have invested compared to us. Give us a break man, even pboro in all his glory wouldn't try to pull that one.

And it all shows by the position we are in and the position much less fashionable clubs than us are in.

Go get yourself a new guide dog or two.
    Easy Pat,apparently according to ghost all those clubs that spend money with the exception of say Man City,Man Utd,Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal and Spurs are all going to blow up financially and possibly even go bust and then in the "stable" position he thinks we are in,we will be able to clean up the scraps.
    All we have to do is sit tight,let them all spend,give Mike a big pat on the back for relegations and not spending and be grateful for what we have put up with while he has been here.
    All the fuss is unfounded and come the time we can all enjoy what is being built at the club at the moment.
    What a load of sg1te.Whatever he takes,whatever he drinks,he needs to let us all in on it.Give me phucking strength.

Glorifying mediocrity and self loathing
    Ghost you are not or ever have been a Newcastle fan

Prolific on here after a defeat and still backing Ashley

Pathetic

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)