+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The end is nigh

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Good post .. But the uncomfortable truth is people need to stay away to rid the club of that fat kernt
    People can say what they want but the answer is staring you in the face , empty stadium .

Everyone that turns up is just prolonging the agony ., you get what you deserve
    plastics like you are a joke

we dont deserve the footy rafa is dishing up thats true

watching his sh173 is just boring
    all those tha go will probabaly tell you its time he went

the lads need a lift and the mighty rafa isnt doing it

the boycott will happen becuse as one lad said

it gives me a reason not to watch that ****e

everyone knows it wont work
    ash knows what he has to do
    sell

unfortunatly but rightly so he wont give it away

and as much as the press keep saying buyers are hovering

a bit like when you put your house on the market and loads come round to view but dont buy

but the boycott wont make him discount the club
    one match wont be enough

will the game be on sky ??

im sure they would love to show an empty st james park to show how fickle we are

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    plastics like you are a joke

we dont deserve the footy rafa is dishing up thats true

watching his sh173 is just boring
    all those tha go will probabaly tell you its time he went

the lads need a lift and the mighty rafa isnt doing it

the boycott will happen becuse as one lad said

it gives me a reason not to watch that ****e

everyone knows it wont work
    ash knows what he has to do
    sell

unfortunatly but rightly so he wont give it away

and as much as the press keep saying buyers are hovering

a bit like when you put your house on the market and loads come round to view but dont buy

but the boycott wont make him discount the club
    one match wont be enough

will the game be on sky ??

im sure they would love to show an empty st james park to show how fickle we are
    Has rafa been b*nging your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    You see. Problem is , my Son and me pay close on 80 quid a month each to watch us play.

Not for twelve months. Only eight. Still a big chunk of money though, especially for him.

Now I know we're 5h1te, but I enjoy the afternoon, not the aftermath, of a day at the match with my Son.

My point is:

Who on God's fkin earth has the right to tell me and my Son we should boycott a football match, , or any other season ticket holder for that matter, us having have paid our hard earned cash to watch each and every game.

Tell me that.

My guess, now get this, the one's who are calling for this boycott, especially on here don't even go to the matches.
    I know where your coming from I really do. But it's one game man. I know you say you like the day but I really don't understand how at this moment in time any of the day can really be enjoyed. Were protesting against Ashley beforehand playing shocking football and getting turned over by teams like Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    I know where your coming from I really do. But it's one game man. I know you say you like the day but I really don't understand how at this moment in time any of the day can really be enjoyed. Were protesting against Ashley beforehand playing shocking football and getting turned over by teams like Brighton.

Woah there..! 'Teams like Brighton'? You have no devine right to be better than them.. They have built themselves up over a period to be a reasonable sized decent club and team. They are also fairly well funded. That being the case.. Maybe you beating them would be a better result than you believe..

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    You ain't buying into Newcastle United .. You are buying into Mike Ashley FC .. And he knows it .

Starve the ****er out .. He is a tapeworm .. 11 years of total ****e and still a full stadium .. No wonder he sits smirking
    But that's not true, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken records View Post
    Has rafa been b*nging your wife?
    i hope so saves me a job
    is your mum stillkeeping the sailors entertained
    lasti heard she had here latest conquest tattoed on her arm as she is that classy
    well it said gosfort working mens club
    as her arm wasnt long enough to have them all inked on

god knows what she will have tattooed next week

I don't think a boycott will force a change of ownership and though I support it in principle as a way of drawing further attention to the mismanagement of the club, I think it'd make things worse in the long-run. Ashley basically runs the club in such a way that, rather than bringing competent people in to increase the amount of revenue the club generates, he just loans money to the club and increases the debt whenever there's a shortfall e.g. each time we're relegated. This would be fine if there was even a remote chance of him writing down this debt. However, what happens instead is that he simply increases his asking price to potential buyers in order to recoup that investment. So if revenues drop, debt will increase, and Ashley's hooks will be ever-more deeply embedded into our club.

I know there are some on here that will say to this that that's his money, his club, it's up to him, and that his high selling price simply shows that he's a shrewd businessman etc. But this isn't really the case. A business doesn't get more valuable because it has more debt. That's like saying my car increases in value every time I crash it and pay to have it repaired! For the market value of the club to increase, it has to show increases in revenue or potential revenue. Buyers will always speculate about the value they can add to the club, but that is on top of the money it already raises itself, not on how much capital previous owners were injecting to cover revenue they otherwise failed to generate. So the bigger the debt, the less point there is in investing in a football club, since it's such an expensive task to unlock Man City levels of value in the club. Why start from a £400m purchase and then invest £500m on players to make a club worth £1.5bn if you can, instead, buy a club for £70m and invest £500m on players to achieve the same valuation?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)