Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
I’m of the opinion that he thinks we are limited in flair and have workmanlike players that he has in a very strangled rigid shape.
As you say the real question is , does he have the confidence to break that and try to play more expansive football.
Does he have the players now ? Did he ask for the better players but didn’t get them ?

I think really that Dyche has exceeded expectations here but he’s at a crossroad going forwards.

I mean if the board won’t back him because one or two of his signings aren’t to there liking and don’t meet the required levels or expectations then he’s finished , every manager has bought players and doesn’t get what they were expecting from them.
six years our manager now - Army....six years of Dyche's 'workmalike' football....well, it worked, got us into the big league - but for this season, it was clear to all that we'd need something different, and regardless of whatever the board thought - S.D is the Manager, the man with the plans....and was he who was happy to sign a new contract during the break - so if he had a card to play, it was then...."back me or i'm off"...so how then can a failure to react be down to the board alone ?
And...If it is that the players feel they have more in them - and that this rigid style is stopping them reaching for it - then i'd guess their heads would be elsewhere...we end up with a team just going through the same old tired movements - so switch to auto - which at times, it does look like...inactive or dazed, like they hardly care....so certainly there's something not right - either they want more from him - or he wants...more - but whether it's of the same, or better....remains to be seen.