+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SD and out of our depth

SD and out of our depth

We have the same as players as last season.

D4 and Brady being out make a difference but not enough to take us back to the future from being a very good team to now being seen (correctly) as very poor one.

Have all the other Prem teams improved so significantly--or have we just run out of steam and been a bit sussed out?

I think the latter.

You can see the Board thinking "well we finished last season in 7th place. Without spending heaps the worst case scenario is that we drop 5-6 positions".

Entering Euro without new players said it all.

Looks like being a terrible decision if what I think is not that far from the truth.

SD is a manager that will take a team of good players and make them a better one--no doubt about that.

But sustaining that improvement whilst keeping the same players is a bridge too far.

And that is not his fault--no-one could do any better with the same playing staff.

To continue his particular ability requires personnel change--not just personnel leaving but personnel arriving.

And when that doesn't happen his own thoughts should have been to leave whilst his particular stocks were high.

Drop back into the Championship and try that same tactic with another up-and-coming team.

Right now he is probably a third tire manager at best.

Shame how things go so badly so quickly.

But this is Prem league football so don't think you are smarter than the rest and can get away with getting extra effort out of players because that doesn't usually flow into the next season.

And that's one of the reasons there is such a turnover of Managers.

We will follow this trend this season or at the end of it.

And I am saying its SD who will be seen to leave.

Sad, but true.

Hart, Heaton, Pope, Tarkowski, Cork and Lennon have all been capped by various England managers. I suppose they are all out of their depth too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hart, Heaton, Pope, Tarkowski, Cork and Lennon have all been capped by various England managers. I suppose they are all out of their depth too?
    BT it wasn't the players I was commenting on

I was referring to "various England managers" blueheeler1. We urgently need to bolster the midfield and sort out the back four. Hart must be wondering WTF he has done?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)