+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How big is yesterday's L

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Sorry.. Didn't realise being obnoxious was 'exciting'..
    I accept your apology

Don't really know what i've just read between you two but Jesus.

In response to the original point - we've been ****ed for seasons slowly have our great players sold replaced with good, then our good sold and replaced with slightly above average and then them sold to be replaced with average, or some cases poor.

It's total lack of investment.

All the clubs around us and below us have been invested in to keep up.

We haven't, simple as and now we're reaping what our **** of owner has sown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Don't really know what i've just read between you two but Jesus.

In response to the original point - we've been ****ed for seasons slowly have our great players sold replaced with good, then our good sold and replaced with slightly above average and then them sold to be replaced with average, or some cases poor.

It's total lack of investment.

All the clubs around us and below us have been invested in to keep up.

We haven't, simple as and now we're reaping what our **** of owner has sown.
    I fully understand this and completely agree. What I'm trying to say though is we can still and should still win certain games especially at home even with this squad. Were meant to have the better of the Murphy brothers some say they are on par with each other yet Josh had another belting game yesterday for Cardiff while Jacob doesn't even get a look in at 1-0 down against Brighton. I know he hasn't looked fantastic for us but is that down to low confidence at never getting a decent look in? Even Atsu can cause problems and even add a goal on his day but we just left them sat on the bench and came away with nothing.

I remember BigSausage posting during the match about how bad they were. Well, we lost to them *on the pitch* so what does that say?

- - -

I don't agree that our team was so strong on paper.

Who in our team is strong? Only Lascelles, Dubrovka and Shelvey are in danger of getting onto other PL team sheets. And to be honest, they would only just make the bench. Let's be honest here. Some of the lads are triers but ask the fans of any other team - they'd give you a "harsh but true" response.

The only person in our entire footballing staff that other teams would acknowledge is quality is Rafa. And some of the decisions he has made during this run isn't helping his stock, either.

This is a particularly worrying aspect of yesterday...the fact that Brighton were poor. At no stage until that breakaway at the end they should have scored from did I feel remotely threatened by them.

Then again, I'm sure their fans felt exactly the same about us. I know I did.

The only real tactic Rafa can use now is to try to defend well against the better teams and throw caution to the wind against the lesser teams and throw the kitchen sink at them home or away. Anything is better than dying the death of a thousand cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    I remember BigSausage posting during the match about how bad they were. Well, we lost to them *on the pitch* so what does that say?

- - -

I don't agree that our team was so strong on paper.

Who in our team is strong? Only Lascelles, Dubrovka and Shelvey are in danger of getting onto other PL team sheets. And to be honest, they would only just make the bench. Let's be honest here. Some of the lads are triers but ask the fans of any other team - they'd give you a "harsh but true" response.

The only person in our entire footballing staff that other teams would acknowledge is quality is Rafa. And some of the decisions he has made during this run isn't helping his stock, either.
    as far as i could see there was nothing wrong our team against Brighton apart from the front 2 but we just don't have anybody to replace them

the team was exactly the same team apart from manquillo (who isn,t held in very high esteem) who played manu

26? shots 8 on target would normally be good play as well

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    the team was exactly the same team apart from manquillo (who isn,t held in very high esteem) who played manu

26? shots 8 on target would normally be good play as well
    100% agreemate we murdered them yesterday but couldn’t put the ball in the net. They played exactly as we play against the top teams defend and rely on a break.

FFS it was never a corner and the ball took two deflections before it went in

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    100% agreemate we murdered them yesterday but couldn’t put the ball in the net. They played exactly as we play against the top teams defend and rely on a break.

FFS it was never a corner and the ball took two deflections before it went in
    I know you're not supposed to look at its and buts but my god we have been so unlucky at times this season. We could of picked up more points from a few games had ladyluck been on our side. Sometimes that's all you need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)