+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game one of a run of 10

Game one of a run of 10

That's the first game from a run of 10 winnable games where we can pick up enough points from to help out our season .lots of possession and shots but not the result we all would have loved .

Aye.

We need a lot of points from these 10 and that was one of the more winnable ones in my eyes.

Going to be a long, painful and potentially relegation season.

All we needed was for the parasite to honour his word and let Rafa have the money he needed to improve.

We'd need Salmon Rondon and Muto flitting around him to have a chance of scoring goals.

Perez has got to be taken out of that squad as soon as Salmon is fit. Every time I see Perez starting, a little piece of me dies inside.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    We'd need Salmon Rondon and Muto flitting around him to have a chance of scoring goals.

Perez has got to be taken out of that squad as soon as Salmon is fit. Every time I see Perez starting, a little piece of me dies inside.
    1 win in the last 15 games...and that solitary win was against a team already on the beach who knew their manager was off. Whatever plan Rafa has that requires the perma-presence of Perez isn't working and needs changing.

I know he's poor but even Murphy in Perez's role is surely worth a shot.

And I agree with the points about how piss poor our subs bench is and that was the reason we only made one sub when we were losing but Perez is so poor that surely some change that involved getting him off the pitch was worth a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    1 win in the last 15 games...and that solitary win was against a team already on the beach who knew their manager was off. Whatever plan Rafa has that requires the perma-presence of Perez isn't working and needs changing.

I know he's poor but even Murphy in Perez's role is surely worth a shot.

And I agree with the points about how piss poor our subs bench is and that was the reason we only made one sub when we were losing but Perez is so poor that surely some change that involved getting him off the pitch was worth a shot?
    Regardless how poor the bench is we should be making changes when loosing a game when where struggling to score. I'd of also liked to see Murphy on for Perez then him or Ritchie play in that role. Don't just Fu(king leave it to dwindle down to the loss like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Regardless how poor the bench is we should be making changes when loosing a game when where struggling to score. I'd of also liked to see Murphy on for Perez then him or Ritchie play in that role. Don't just Fu(king leave it to dwindle down to the loss like he did.
    I know....Rafa doesn't help himself at times like these.

I almost don't want to criticise him for fear of Pboro and Ghost seeing it as adding to their arguments but, especially when we are losing...which is all the fucking time at the moment-and it's clear that Plan A isn't working and won't work, surely trying something different is worth a shot?

For example, yesterday, I lost count of the number of times their CBs headed one of our crosses away-I say 'one', I only remember the Ritchie header from Dummett's cross which they didn't win. Yet, we persevered with this tactic again and again and again. We didn't try any movement to pull their CBs apart or try anything inventive from corners or set pieces to move their back 4 around or deliver the ball from a different angle or along the ground. Plus, when we needed the Alamo-throwing everything we had at them in a last-ditch effort-we instead played it sideways and back as if we were trying to see out the game.

Our game-management has been piss-poor in these 5 home defeats and that's not just down to poor players being unable to carry out a plan.

a team already on the beach who knew their manager was off.
    Does anyone think this could be affecting our players? I'm not saying they're 'on the beach' but perhaps they know or think Rafa only has until the end of the season before he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Does anyone think this could be affecting our players? I'm not saying they're 'on the beach' but perhaps they know or think Rafa only has until the end of the season before he's gone.
    Hadn't considered that, if I'm honest, Kal.

Aye, there could be an element of that. Plus, not every player gets on with every manager and there may be one or two who are looking forward to a change and going through the motions to an extent.

Having said that, we didn't lack effort yesterday, just quality. Any quality.

I know....Rafa doesn't help himself at times like these.

I almost don't want to criticise him for fear of Pboro and Ghost seeing it as adding to their arguments but, especially when we are losing...which is all the fucking time at the moment-and it's clear that Plan A isn't working and won't work, surely trying something different is worth a shot?

For example, yesterday, I lost count of the number of times their CBs headed one of our crosses away-I say 'one', I only remember the Ritchie header from Dummett's cross which they didn't win. Yet, we persevered with this tactic again and again and again. We didn't try any movement to pull their CBs apart or try anything inventive from corners or set pieces to move their back 4 around or deliver the ball from a different angle or along the ground. Plus, when we needed the Alamo-throwing everything we had at them in a last-ditch effort-we instead played it sideways and back as if we were trying to see out the game.

Our game-management has been piss-poor in these 5 home defeats and that's not just down to poor players being unable to carry out a plan.
    And on the back of this, I've just read a very good article in the Chronic. Yeah, unusual, I know.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...m-how-15307771

Having said that, we didn't lack effort yesterday, just quality. Any quality.
    So true, sadly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)