+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Robertson in.

Get Robertson in.

Surely PW must consider playing this lad on Tuesday.Richard Wood was clearly struggling against Bolton.Rodak got him out of jail with the penalty save and he was partially at fault with the Bolton goal,however I am not going to criticise Richard, he was very good last year but he is getting caught out too frequently at this level.Hopefully Jones' injury is not a long term problem.It will be a very stiff task getting anything at Boro but you never know,we are playing well and improving each match.Robertson is a left sided defender and looks a very capable replacement for Wood.We were unlucky not to collect three points but while being disappointed I am feeling confident we can more than compete in this division.

Robertson did extremely well when he replaced Raggett.
    I honestly think that Wood has done really well this season even with his limitations. He has played well along side ajayi and has probably been the stablising influence needed by ajayi.
    If robertson did come in and replace Wood in effect keeping him out of the team by playing better than him then it'll be another improvement.

Once raggett is fit again, I'd like to see ajayi have another stint in midfield. Dare we risk wood and robertson ar the back together? Are they both left footed?

Warney said on Radio DeeDah last night (Wed) that all of the squad, except for Raggett and Potter, should be fit for selection for the game against Preston...so will he keep the same back four from M'boro' game? (ie Ajayi and Robertson at centre back). Also, he seems to view Taylor as one of the first names to put on the teamsheet usually, so Taylor could be starting
    Last edited by mikemiller; 25-10-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Same back four for me. Robertson deserves his chance of a decent run in the team.
    Not fussed about Taylor so maybe stick with the same team or play Vassell just behind Smith.
    Good situation for Paul Warne to be in with an almost fully fit squad to choose from....decisions..decisions.

Who's going to score from corners if Wood is not playing though?

Cos for some reason whenever Ajayi heads from a corner it seems to go anywhere but at the goal.

Is Robertson handy at corners?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

Cos for some reason whenever Ajayi heads from a corner it seems to go anywhere but at the goal.

You are supposed to be a Rotherham fan you tell us,you are very good at telling us about everything else.

I was leaning towards sticking with the line up at Boro but this is a very good point. Woody is very good at finding space from corners etc. Downside is he does miss some howlers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    You are supposed to be a Rotherham fan you tell us,you are very good at telling us about everything else.
    I've never seen him play.

He's only played one full game for us hasn't he?

I've never seen him play.

He's only played one full game for us hasn't he?
    Sorry pal,he’s played over 190 senior games only scored 4 goals.So the answer is don’t know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast