+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Apologies for any inappropriate language you may have picked up..."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_notts_county View Post
    Cultural I'd say. I live in the Cayman Islands, and the kids are disgusted if someone uses bad language out here...
    Ireland is completely the opposite to that.No saint myself when it comes to swearing.I blame Notts'

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Going to be an unpopular opinion but I agree with Sky apologising for swearing.

Football is a sport for everyone, including young children and no reasonable parent would be happy with them hearing swearing whilst watching a football match.

Why do they have to swear? Make em 'Ard?
    Does hearing a commentator apologise for it mean the child didn't hear it? That's why I find it pointless, they're better off ignoring it than going out of their way to point out that it happened.

Gary Neville did it best during the United game, Chelsea fans singing "F*ck off Mourinho" after the little fracas at the end of the game very clearly and he commented "and now they're serenading him"

My bigger complaint with swearing on the TV at the moment is when you watch a UFC event (MMA) that goes on until the early hours of the morning with people punching, kicking and choking seven bells of sh*t out of eachother, blood everywhere and BT Sport will mute the post fight audio if one of the fighters says a naughty word...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123