+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams win at Liverpool

Rams win at Liverpool

Under23s win 2-3 at Liverpool on Sunday lunchtime apparently Thorne was very good and Butters beats six men to score Could we possibly be seeing them in the first team squad again

Either player at their best would be an asset, happy to see both putting a shift in and we seem to have moved from the language ‘out in the cold’ to ‘pushing for a place’ with is great IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Either player at their best would be an asset, happy to see both putting a shift in and we seem to have moved from the language ‘out in the cold’ to ‘pushing for a place’ with is great IMO
    Spot on Andy...if they’re prepared to put a shift in then they should be up for consideration. Both potentially excellent players...one plagued by injury the other by attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Spot on Andy...if they’re prepared to put a shift in then they should be up for consideration. Both
    potentially excellent players...one plagued by injury the other by attitude.
    With Bryson injured and on 4yellows and Johnson on 4yellows We may need them both But if fans start having a go at Butterfield before he even starts it won't do his confidence any good

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    With Bryson injured and on 4yellows and Johnson on 4yellows We may need them both But if fans start having a go at Butterfield before he even starts it won't do his confidence any good
    Sorry mista...I wasn’t having a go at Butters...forgive and forget is my view...so long as he puts that ‘shift’ in and shows a good attitude.

Sorry mista...I wasn’t having a go at Butters...forgive and forget is my view...so long as he puts that ‘shift’ in and shows a good attitude.
    Agreed, Johnson has been rehabilitated,why not butters. This is EXACTLY what I hoped lampard helped by his extensive band of advisors would do. Butters could be in effect a high quality freeby

If that's not having a go, I dread to think what you'll say when you do have a go. He, unwisely had a pop at Rowettball last season and Derby fans interpret it as a criticism against the club.

We need to support all our players, you never know when we may need them. it is possible that Mount, Bryson and Johnson may all be unavailable for the Chelsea game, thank god it is away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    If that's not having a go, I dread to think what you'll say when you do have a go. He, unwisely had a pop at Rowettball last season and Derby fans interpret it as a criticism against the club.

We need to support all our players, you never know when we may need them. it is possible that Mount, Bryson and Johnson may all be unavailable for the Chelsea game, thank god it is away.
    Hang on Ram, think you need to read my opening comment again before you start ‘having a go’ yourself. It states quite clearly that, imo, Butters should be ‘up for consideration’ and I am clearly agreeing with Andy’s positive thread.
    When mista responded I realised that my comment could have been misconstrued and immediately clarified.
    To be clear, I think Butterfield is a talented player who has let himself down by a combination of poor attitude, a lack of commitment and making unprofessional comments. If he’s prepared to put in the effort, as he appears to be, then I will unequivocally welcome him back. Mista is quite right to suggest that having a go at Butterfield will do no one any good...I completely agree, but would suggest that you ‘look before you leap’ into your own criticism next time.

IMO Butter's comments were born out of frustration and, in that context, understandable. As with Hughes, he wasn't and still isn't, a Rowett type of player. He was very good at Huddersfield. He started very well with us. Then he "disappeared". I, and many others on here, have been consistent in both our criticism of his performances prior to his loan period at Wendy and in saying that the pre-dip Butterfield would be a welcome addition and we all wondered where that player had gone.

I stand by my criticism of him. I also stand by my comments on how good he was and the hope that he finds that form again.

As for Thorne, we all know what he CAN do and want to see that again. If he had a blinder against Liverpool as has been suggested, he might be close to getting back in the squad and what a boost that coud be. It is only 2 or 3 weeks ago (can't remember which forum it was on) that someone was saying they had heard a rumour Thorne's contract was going to be paid off in the near future...... if he really is close to full fitness then we might have a very valuable addition to the squad. Two if Butters is almost there as well.

Hang on Ram, think you need to read my opening comment again before you start ‘having a go’ yourself. It states quite clearly that, imo, Butters should be ‘up for consideration’ and I am clearly agreeing with Andy’s positive thread.
    When mista responded I realised that my comment could have been misconstrued and immediately clarified.
    To be clear, I think Butterfield is a talented player who has let himself down by a combination of poor attitude, a lack of commitment and making unprofessional comments. If he’s prepared to put in the effort, as he appears to be, then I will unequivocally welcome him back. Mista is quite right to suggest that having a go at Butterfield will do no one any good...I completely agree, but would suggest that you ‘look before you leap’ into your own criticism next time.
    So, saying someone has had poor attitude, lack of commitment and making unprofessional comments is not having a go? I understand now, sorry, I don't have the grasp of the English language as well as you and I interpret things differently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)