+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Warne on Kyle Vassell and tonight's clash at Boro

Paul Warne on Kyle Vassell and tonight's clash at Boro

I think its time for a change,what ever we are doing it’s not working nobody’s giving us a chance at Middlesbrough so let’s try some new tactics.If Middlesbrough score early it could be a long road back.

These matches are a nailed on lose games!

On paper whe shouldn't be in the same league as these but thankfully due to the risk of paper cuts football is played on grass! Can we get anything out of this one? It's gunna be a long night either way!

We need points. A win would be incredible, a draw will do, I just hope we have a go at them and don't sit back from the off waiting to be picked apart. The lads have shown they're actually decent at attacking teams, we just lack a finisher.
    Felt for Smithy on Saturday, he was desperately unlucky not to have a couple more goals in the bag. That said, he should have done better with two or three decent chances that were presented to him.

Vassell hasn't really looked like scoring a goal but does carry an attacking threat.

I know this will sound negative but I honestly don't know what Vassell has done while he's been with us to justify an international call up.
    Good luck to the lad but I think we would see a lot more from him if he was played in a more central striking role rather than being stuck out of position on the left wing.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I know this will sound negative but I honestly don't know what Vassell has done while he's been with us to justify an international call up.
    Good luck to the lad but I think we would see a lot more from him if he was played in a more central striking role rather than being stuck out of position on the left wing.
    But that would mean playing 4-4-2.I will leave you to guess what chances we have of playing that.,4-5-1 tonight if I was to have a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    But that would mean playing 4-4-2.I will leave you to guess what chances we have of playing that.,4-5-1 tonight if I was to have a guess.
    I wasn't thinking about tonight particularly. I just don't think he's a winger and would be more effective playing off Smith.