+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smith and proctor

Smith and proctor

was it wise giving them such long contracts?

if we are going to stabilise in league 1 than yes but if we are trying to stay in the championship than no.

I would rather give Billy Sharpe a 2 year contract than Smith a 4

Yes we know cause you keep telling us.
    Just out of curiosity do you know how much Billy Sharp is on ?

We are operating on a budget that we’ve got.
    We are doing ok actually better than a lot predicted.
    Yesterday if we had won that game nobody said we wouldn’t have deserved it.
    Every team is looking for quality strikers.
    Smith imo has been in the top 3 on the pitch for us nearly every game this season.
    Yes we need to score more goals but imo Smith is one of the first names on the team sheet.
    Change the record if you can.

The issue for me is that both smith and proctor have relegation release clauses. Talk about stacked in the players favour!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    The issue for me is that both smith and proctor have relegation release clauses. Talk about stacked in the players favour!!!
    Not sure you can say that without knowing the contents of the clause? Many players in sports here have release clauses that require them to pay the team to release them.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not sure you can say that without knowing the contents of the clause? Many players in sports here have release clauses that require them to pay the team to release them.
    Absolutely.

The clause may be that the players take a sizeable drop in salary if we go down but they can be released if a championship club comes in for them.

How the hell do people know they have a relegation clause in their contract are you their agent? The cynic in me and probably many millers fans is that we are gearing up for league 1 with Smith and Proctor signing these extensions no disrespect but please be serious which Championship club is going to come in for them if we go down having said that I’d love for them to prove me wrong we stay up and they’ve both got double figures in goals to help us do so

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    How the hell do people know they have a relegation clause in their contract are you their agent? The cynic in me and probably many millers fans is that we are gearing up for league 1 with Smith and Proctor signing these extensions no disrespect but please be serious which Championship club is going to come in for them if we go down having said that I’d love for them to prove me wrong we stay up and they’ve both got double figures in goals to help us do so
    Because paul warne said so in an interview!!

Apologies then link please

I've only seen The Millers on I-follow lately but Smith looks a real handful and he's been my favourite Miller for quite a while. Even if he's not banging 'em in, he's definitely an asset and Warney knows what he's doing.
    Last edited by sota; 21-10-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Apologies then link please
    It was on the O/S uttis on the 11th October.
    It's under the title Best is yet to come from newly-committed duo.

It's the last paragraph, right at the bottom of the page.
    Paul Warne does say the release clause wasn't the reason they signed the extended contracts.

Sorry can't do links atm.

www.themillers.co.uk
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 21-10-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast