+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we going down and if so - will Ashley sell the club?

Are we going down and if so - will Ashley sell the club?

I personally think Rafa will turn it around, but should we go down and Ashley can’t collect his TV money he might sod off. But he didn’t last time and we might not be as interesting as a sales object if we are not in the big time.

Thoughts? When do you realistically think he will sell the club? I’ve had enough now.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I personally think Rafa will turn it around, but should we go down and Ashley can’t collect his TV money he might sod off. But he didn’t last time and we might not be as interesting as a sales object if we are not in the big time.

Thoughts? When do you realistically think he will sell the club? I’ve had enough now.
    Depends if he spends in January as the squad needs a major overhaul

If we are relegated he will use the parachute payment to try to get us straight back up. If he fails in this attempt he might decide to cut his losses and bail out at a much reduced price.

He doesn't care about relegation like fans do or sir John hall did
    He should spend in January to protect his invest entire .will he? I doubt it
    If we get relegated he will spend to get back up to the safety net of the money league and that's how he operates sadly
    He isn't a fan remember

I think if we lose the next couple, maybe 4 then we're down. I know that is a bit melodramatic this early but that will then be 5 of our winnable games (if we don't win them).

I don't think he'll give Rafa money in Jan either, well not enough to get the player(s) we need to make a difference.

Deep down I don't even think we are for sale.All these stories about interested parties worried about us staying up which is why they haven't bought us is just pure bullsh1t.
    We were safe in May so where were all these interested parties then.He is playing with the fan base and taking the p1ss.
    So regards selling if we go down.I will have to say no.You need to be for sale 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Deep down I don't even think we are for sale.All these stories about interested parties worried about us staying up which is why they haven't bought us is just pure bullsh1t.
    We were safe in May so where were all these interested parties then.He is playing with the fan base and taking the p1ss.
    So regards selling if we go down.I will have to say no.You need to be for sale 1st.
    You could be right there Geordie.

He will only sell the club when it stops being a money spinner for SD or he gets offered silly money from the middle east or Asia etc. which isn't going to happen. Here's hoping SD goes down the tubes, I think it is the only time you will see Ashley gone.
    "From my cold dead hands" is the only way he will let the club go.

No.

He will take an axe to it.

If we get beaten in the next 2/3 he will sack Rafa to humiliate him even more and hide behind the ‘we need a new manager to give us the best opportunity to stave off relegation’ line then miraculously £30+ million will appear in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    If we get beaten in the next 2/3 he will sack Rafa to humiliate him even more and hide behind the ‘we need a new manager to give us the best opportunity to stave off relegation’ line then miraculously £30+ million will appear in January.
    That also wouldn't surprise me.

In regards to the original point - i've realised i didn't answer the 2nd bit.

I don't think he'll sell, he'll loan us enough to get us out again and then "try" and sell in the prem. However as others have said whilst we're of use to SD he won't really try to sell.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)