+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imagine this.....

Imagine this.....

....you are watching a live game on TV (say on BBC) and it goes to extra time. Three minutes from the end of the game and 2.5 hours into your viewing pleasure the commentator announces that due to broadcasting regulations they have to stop showing the game because another one is about to start on ITV

Sounds crazy. Well that's what happens here with the NFL and it's their regulations. After 3.5 hours watching a game on Fox they just stopped the broadcast as another game was starting on CBS.

...and people think The Premiership/Sky is bad!

NFL, WWF all the same pantomime :-)
    Last edited by sota; 21-10-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    ....you are watching a live game on TV (say on BBC) and it goes to extra time. Three minutes from the end of the game and 2.5 hours into your viewing pleasure the commentator announces that due to broadcasting regulations they have to stop showing the game because another one is about to start on ITV

Sounds crazy. Well that's what happens here with the NFL and it's their regulations. After 3.5 hours watching a game on Fox they just stopped the broadcast as another game was starting on CBS.

...and people think The Premiership/Sky is bad!
    I can't believe how easily the American fans accept losing their club to another city .

Just seems incredible to me that the Oakland Raiders ended up in LA before returning several years later .

Bizarre .

And they’re moving again soon to Las Vegas!

CA, over 2 billion people watched Usain Bolt break 2 world records live on TV and not one of them was in the USA. Says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    And they’re moving again soon to Las Vegas!
    Yes I read that last year , totally different culture to the UK with clubs .

Less tribal perhaps , in all honesty I don't get it , maybe the americans just watch their clubs as a product , like doing your food shopping with no real loyalty to anyone .

I wish someone could explain this to me because I can't get my head around it at all .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Yes I read that last year , totally different culture to the UK with clubs .

Less tribal perhaps , in all honesty I don't get it , maybe the americans just watch their clubs as a product , like doing your food shopping with no real loyalty to anyone .

I wish someone could explain this to me because I can't get my head around it at all .
    Very different indeed. Our 2 daughters attended different US colleges (UF and UM) where the average attendance for a "football" game is 80 000. The tailgating party before is more important than the game itself. Drinking starts 5 hours before the game which lasts another 5 hours of drinking and by the end nobody cares about the result.
    Last edited by sota; 21-10-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Very different indeed. Our 2 daughters attended different US colleges (UF and UM) where the average attendance for a "football" game is 80 000. The tailgating party before is more important than the game itself. Drinking starts 5 hours before the game which lasts another 5 hours of drinking and by the end nobody cares about the result.
    What I can't understand is that the Raiders are a really special club , got their own identity and culture if you like , proper blue collar bad ass reputation who have enjoyed historically real success .

How can this happen , what is there in Vegas that they don't enjoy in Oakland , what was available in LA when they moved to the colosseum during the 80's that they didn't have in Oakland ? , the attendances at the colosseum weren't that great as I remember and LA already had a franchise with the Rams .

The Raiders aren't the Raiders unless you put Oakland in front of it in my opinion the same as MK Dons couldn't ever be the crazy gang and Wimbledon .

Funnily enough I've been to Oakland but it was to see Muse. Best players they've ever seen there :-)

Anyone who’s sat and watched a game that’s taken 3.5 hours to complete doesn’t deserve to see the end..... they should be smashed out of their head if pre drinking was 5 hours before a funny shaped ball was kicked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast