+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great finishes

Great finishes

Was just watching the Falcons highlights-if you don't know, they scored 8 minutes into overtime (or whatever they call it ) and with the commentary it's one of those 'watch again' moments.

It's here if you want to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLA-vF4JAk

Got me thinking, though...which are your favourite last few minutes watching us?

Obviously, there are games where you know we're going to win so the whole crowd is celebrating...I'm thinking the 5-1 at home and the 4-1 away to the mackems, the 5-0 against Manure and the 7-1 against Leicester but what about ones where we snatched victory from seemingly inevitable defeat.

Top would be the 1-0 against Portsmouth, the David Kelly goal but maybe that's just the memory of the absolutely apocalyptic goal celebrations and I'm forgetting how much we might have worried about an equaliser? The Shearer 4-3 against Leicester was pretty special, as was injury time against Norwich in the Chimpo when we were 3-2 down.

Not going to mention any more...so add yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Was just watching the Falcons highlights-if you don't know, they scored 8 minutes into overtime (or whatever they call it ) and with the commentary it's one of those 'watch again' moments.

It's here if you want to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLA-vF4JAk

Got me thinking, though...which are your favourite last few minutes watching us?

Obviously, there are games where you know we're going to win so the whole crowd is celebrating...I'm thinking the 5-1 at home and the 4-1 away to the mackems, the 5-0 against Manure and the 7-1 against Leicester but what about ones where we snatched victory from seemingly inevitable defeat.

Top would be the 1-0 against Portsmouth, the David Kelly goal but maybe that's just the memory of the absolutely apocalyptic goal celebrations and I'm forgetting how much we might have worried about an equaliser? The Shearer 4-3 against Leicester was pretty special, as was injury time against Norwich in the Chimpo when we were 3-2 down.

Not going to mention any more...so add yours.
    got to be the norwich game first time i've ever felt the concrete stadium shake

Our comeback against Arsenal and the equaliser that brought the ruckus. Amazing! RIP Tiote.

Aye, Hughie...if Nolan had hit that knock back from Ranger* slightly better it would have been 5-4

*spits on floor

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, Hughie...if Nolan had hit that knock back from Ranger* slightly better it would have been 5-4

*spits on floor

Ranger is a nasty piece of business. Always was.

I think the Arsenal game for me, although doesn't quite fit the criteria of last few minutes.

For that has to be Norwich.

Although (and this is mainly because i remember from the chron article last year - funny what sticks in the brain) the Bellamy goal against Feyenoord to win 3-2 was a good un.

This is right up there for me. Shivers down the spine job.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)