+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Quarter Of The Season In

Quarter Of The Season In

Name:  screenshot.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  89.3 KB

I think most of us would have settled for this at the quarter way stage . I'm not counting my chickens as I have watched us for far too long to do so but I'm quietly confident we can win at home v Falkirk and creep into the top 4. Interesting to note that for all the criticism of the goalkeeper and defence, we have the third best goals against record.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 21-10-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I think most of us would have settled for this at the quarter way stage . I'm not counting my chickens as I have watched us for far too long to do so but I'm quietly confident we can win at home v Falkirk and creep into the top 4. Interesting to note that for all the criticism of the goalkeeper and defence, we have the third best goals against record.
    Without revisiting another thread I`m yet to be convinced about Martin but he did well yesterday. The criticism of the team defensively (not just the defence) is that when we do concede we have a bad habit of quickly losing another goal or two. As GN himself has noted it`s bizarre that we either seem to keep a clean sheet or lose 2 or 3 goals. It`s an odd stat.
    edit to add it`s a pretty decent 1st quarter, credit to the players and staff.

Quite pleased so far in the fact that we have only lost the two games so far. What does concern me is if we continue to play the same type of football as on Saturday. As that was brutal to watch. 27 attempts on goal against Falkirk with carefree attacking football against one attempt on goal last Saturday. Both gaining the three points. I know which type of football I prefer.

To win ugly is a useful habit to get into. With teams so evenly matched , it isn't possible to win with style ala Ayr and Falkirk away every week.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    To win ugly is a useful habit to get into. With teams so evenly matched , it isn't possible to win with style ala Ayr and Falkirk away every week.

gotta pick your matches to turn on the style ,the way falkirk and ayr play it allows us to play ,where as partick ,dundee utd ,inverness ,alloa we are better not letting them take the lead as thay tend to sit upon a lead ,dumfermline on the otherhand under johnston sitting right back and countering just frustrates there style and kills them ,was the right tactic for that match ,well done to the manager.

for us to play with style we need harkins back in the team ,he has been the catalyst when we produce the style games .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    gotta pick your matches to turn on the style ,the way falkirk and ayr play it allows us to play ,where as partick ,dundee utd ,inverness ,alloa we are better not letting them take the lead as thay tend to sit upon a lead ,dumfermline on the otherhand under johnston sitting right back and countering just frustrates there style and kills them ,was the right tactic for that match ,well done to the manager.
    Very astute and sound observation.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)