+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which moment would you relive?

Which moment would you relive?

Hughie mentioning Tiote's goal against Arsenal got me thinking. One of the reasons we go or love NUFC is because of those moments that can make us smile whenever we recall them...stuck in a traffic jam, sitting on the Metro, listening to someone drone on in a boring meeting...there are some moments that can still give you a shiver if you think about them and you just wish you could go back there...just to experience it again.

Obviously, again, the immediate aftermath of Kelly's goal is one I'll never forget and i'd love to have just one more taste of those minutes of sheer, wide-eyed, screaming lunacy...same for Tiote's goal.

It's not just goals, though. The minutes before Jonas made his comeback after his recovery from cancer as the noise grew and grew...then the explosion when he set foot on the pitch.....shivers even now, man.

I think you've ticked the top three there Zip. Two of which I was there for.

So, after some thinking, Bobby Lee's equaliser at Wembley v Chelsea in the FAC semi final.

I know we still lost but **** me, what a moment.

Agreed that you've picked top 3

I also loved that feeling when it came through that Villa had equalised at Brighton and we were going to go up as Champions.

Been to Wembley 4 times to see us play and that's the only goal I have seen us score.
    The end went mental that day.People older than me have seen us win things but phuck me the way the end was that day with a semi final goal if we ever did it would be off the scale.
    The main stand at Old Trafford for the semi-final against Sheff Utd as well.That was rocking that day.
    The year after I was in the corner section just behind the goal against Spurs.
    Also wouldn't mind doing the Barcelona game again.What a night.Never heard noise like it,what an atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It's not just goals, though. The minutes before Jonas made his comeback after his recovery from cancer as the noise grew and grew...then the explosion when he set foot on the pitch.....shivers even now, man.
    Perfectly described, it's like reading poetry man!

I've been to O/T about six times. I'd seen us get a point once when they'd already won the title. Other than that we always got hammered.

A few years back I took my Son Oliver there for the first time. Strangely enough I had this feeling , he could be our lucky charm, and we might just get something.

Cabaye scores after about an hour, we ballistic and sing for the rest of the game and all the way back on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Been to Wembley 4 times to see us play and that's the only goal I have seen us score.
    The end went mental that day.People older than me have seen us win things but phuck me the way the end was that day with a semi final goal if we ever did it would be off the scale.
    The main stand at Old Trafford for the semi-final against Sheff Utd as well.That was rocking that day.
    The year after I was in the corner section just behind the goal against Spurs.
    Also wouldn't mind doing the Barcelona game again.What a night.Never heard noise like it,what an atmosphere.
    I have a picture I cut out of the chronicle just as Bobby Lee turns towards the crowd after scoring. The scenes behind the goal are incredible.

I used to carry it in my wallet for times I felt dispirited. Now it's held together with sellotape in my bedside drawer, with old away tickets and programmes.

I might just dig it out tomorrow, frame it and put it up I'm my new shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I have a picture I cut out of the chronicle just as Bobby Lee turns towards the crowd after scoring. The scenes behind the goal are incredible.

I used to carry it in my wallet for times I felt dispirited. Now it's held together with sellotape in my bedside drawer, with old away tickets and programmes.

post of the night for me. And that's what this club means to us...these memories and being part of it can be a genuine strength to folk in difficult times (and I don't just mean our club...I'm sure Andy feels the same about his team or others about theirs )

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Hughie mentioning Tiote's goal against Arsenal got me thinking. One of the reasons we go or love NUFC is because of those moments that can make us smile whenever we recall them...stuck in a traffic jam, sitting on the Metro, listening to someone drone on in a boring meeting...there are some moments that can still give you a shiver if you think about them and you just wish you could go back there...just to experience it again.

Obviously, again, the immediate aftermath of Kelly's goal is one I'll never forget and i'd love to have just one more taste of those minutes of sheer, wide-eyed, screaming lunacy...same for Tiote's goal.

When ashley took over and brought back Keegan.

Wouldn't have been so happy in hindsight and trusting.

Really believed the good times were about to roll again.

How fkn stupid was I.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post

That's class.Lets hope and pray we get to see similar moments again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)