+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How big are BigAls pockets?

OK.....let me put it another way.

We were losing a shed-load of money, weekly, last season.......we've now got a bigger wage bill with a few "stars" on the payroll, we've spent 400k in transfers, paid off Nolo, bought off HK's contract, dropped out of 2 cup competitions at the 1st hurdle, been bottom of L2 and are struggling to finish anywhere near halfway.....forget promo, the players looked disinterested at Bury.

That's not knocking BigAl.............that's simply asking how much longer can he hold out.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Nice Monday morning for AH's two main stalkers
    Correct but you know what they say, Boys will be Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It's quite sad to see in my opinion but indicative of people these days. Sure personality wise AH isn't everyone's cup of tea, most may find him overbearing and egotistical (and let's face it none of us REALLY know him out of work so that is a social media driven opinion) but when it comes to Notts he's put a lot of his money on the pitch and especially off it. He's even held his hands up and said he made mistakes, he's learning about running football clubs just like we all would do in his shoes. He's really trying to improve us as a club on the whole and really trying to get us out of this division. After how Nolan did last season with the squad we had then it's obvious that AH had to back him in the summer and he did, it's not his fault the shape of the squad is now totally wrong.

Why do you have to find fault with everything AH does?

Also Old Pie AH probably does know quite a lot but obviously not as much as you.
    Spot on, there are always the Keyboard Pundits who have been everywhere and know it all, this Board is Rife with them.

They can be as big/deep as you like but,short arms would be no good

I notice bury had 2 electronic scoreboards . Both worked too

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I'm not sure if that was aimed at me, but I don't think I've ever knocked BigAl's efforts at Notts?

I was struggling to understand the players efforts at Bury, when I received a whisper that one or two of the players had been heard moaning about wages and/or bonuses by someone working in the Sports Media department....obviously, if it's bonuses, then IMO they shouldn't be getting any after the dreadful start to the season anyway....but I guess it depends on how their wages are balanced ie basic v bonus.

Last season, BigAl made a point of saying that the "bonuses were costing him a fortune?"......was that system reviewed over the summer and have some players reacted negatively?......I've no idea...I'm just throwing it out there for discussion.
    Not aimed at you. I don't know if AH has unlimited funds to pump into Notts, I doubt it, but we'll just have to wait and see if it's sustainable. He seems to me to be a pretty good chairman so I'm happy to let him do his job in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    They can be as big/deep as you like but,short arms would be no good
    Nice one.

The problem with owning Notts then, is the "shrinking arm syndrome"......they start off looking like an orangatang's......and end up with fingers sprouting directly from the shoulder-blades....apart from Scardino, he never had any pockets in the first place and ended up trapping his pinkies in his wife's handbag, poor fella.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post

Also Old Pie AH probably does know quite a lot but obviously not as much as you.
    I know enough to listen to those that are experts, so if it is F1 I'll listen to Coulthard for instance.

I also know enough that in running a football club you can't put promotion down on a spreadsheet and business plan. It comes when it comes and the most the owner can do is put the right people and facilities in place. I'm totally against 5 year business plans to the Championship and #trust #faith #promotion. If he'd just reign in this immature and insulting to all the other clubs attitude what is left is that he's doing a good job off the pitch and maybe a tolerable job on it. Time will tell but if Hart/Kewell can bounce their ideas constructively and we can have a good recruitment window then maybe we will survive this season with a platform to build on, something we seem to have failed to do for too many successive seasons.

I think AH indicated some time ago that he has enough financial muscle to take Notts into the Championship but that someone else would be needed to consolidate at that level and to go any higher.

If that’s the case, it seems likely that his pockets are at least deep enough to get us out of League 2 eventually, despite the possibility that current expenditure on wages is above the level initially planned. I think it’s likely that a few players will be leaving in January and that should bring the books a bit nearer to being balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    If that’s the case, it seems likely that his pockets are at least deep enough to get us out of League 2 eventually.
    I'm more concerned with which exit door we'll be using when we do get out of League 2.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast