+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How big are BigAls pockets?

How big are BigAls pockets?

We had a thread on here recently involving someone who appeared close to the Notts hierarchy and knew a lot of inside info on the financial goings-on.....basically saying that BigAl cannot keep hurling cash at Notts (a) because his hands were tied to a certain extent with inter-company loans and (b) it wasn't exactly in the long-term health of Notts to be incurring mounting loans at 4% interest.

Since then, we have tumbled to the bottom of the league, recovered slightly but are, IMO, stumbling towards a "mehhhh" season and a bottom-half finish....our back 4 has imploded and has meant that we have raced out and grabbed even more players, without shedding any off the books....our wage bill must be horrendous!!
    We have two 20-goal strikers (they ain't cheap) plus Enzio on the books, plus the likes of Duffers, Jones, Bird, Hall?, Hawkridge, Brisley....all still need paying without even looking like getting a game any time soon.

What if, and it's a big "IF".....Firstly - BigAl is already getting peed off with the situation (he's hardly a shrinking violet about letting everyone know his feelings ie twitter?) and that has communicated itself to the manager and players, which is translating itself to performances on the pitch?.....and secondly - he really is starting to struggle with paying a huge wage bill by L2 standards....with no promo in sight, certainly not this season?

Basically, I'm struggling to understand the Bury performance and I'm starting to wonder if there are problems behind the scenes that are the cause.

No need to worry - it's all under control:

Dan Harvey
    ‏ @dharvey4
    22h22 hours ago

Aren't Notts County in more of a mess?
    2 replies 0 retweets 1 like

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    Replying to @dharvey4

No Sir, there will be road bumps along the way but we have a plan and a direction of travel. Unlike Teresa May ����

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    We had a thread on here recently involving someone who appeared close to the Notts hierarchy and knew a lot of inside info on the financial goings-on.....basically saying that BigAl cannot keep hurling cash at Notts (a) because his hands were tied to a certain extent with inter-company loans and (b) it wasn't exactly in the long-term health of Notts to be incurring mounting loans at 4% interest.

Since then, we have tumbled to the bottom of the league, recovered slightly but are, IMO, stumbling towards a "mehhhh" season and a bottom-half finish....our back 4 has imploded and has meant that we have raced out and grabbed even more players, without shedding any off the books....our wage bill must be horrendous!!
    We have two 20-goal strikers (they ain't cheap) plus Enzio on the books, plus the likes of Duffers, Jones, Bird, Hall?, Hawkridge, Brisley....all still need paying without even looking like getting a game any time soon.

What if, and it's a big "IF".....Firstly - BigAl is already getting peed off with the situation (he's hardly a shrinking violet about letting everyone know his feelings ie twitter?) and that has communicated itself to the manager and players, which is translating itself to performances on the pitch?.....and secondly - he really is starting to struggle with paying a huge wage bill by L2 standards....with no promo in sight, certainly not this season?

Basically, I'm struggling to understand the Bury performance and I'm starting to wonder if there are problems behind the scenes that are the cause.
    I'm struggling to understand how you can use the term " performance" .

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    No need to worry - it's all under control:

Dan Harvey
    ‏ @dharvey4
    22h22 hours ago

Aren't Notts County in more of a mess?
    2 replies 0 retweets 1 like

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    Replying to @dharvey4

No Sir, there will be road bumps along the way but we have a plan and a direction of travel. Unlike Teresa May ����
    Mmmmmm.....It's hardly a "road bump" when he's spunked 400,000 squid on new players, sacked the future England Manager, paid compo to a competitor to "steal" their manager, propped up the league for 7 or 8 matches and got thrashed at Bury whilst carrying 30 players on the books......something isn't right behind the scenes according to my "sauce"!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Mmmmmm.....It's hardly a "road bump" when he's spunked 400,000 squid on new players, sacked the future England Manager, paid compo to a competitor to "steal" their manager, propped up the league for 7 or 8 matches and got thrashed at Bury whilst carrying 30 players on the books......something isn't right behind the scenes according to my "sauce"!
    #faith #trust #promotion (or is that #retainleaguestatus?). He's busy arguing the the American Grand Prix had the wrong line for pole so he's clearly got other concerns, oh and my quote was from his arguing about Brexit. He knows a lot of stuff does AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    #faith #trust #promotion (or is that #retainleaguestatus?). He's busy arguing the the American Grand Prix had the wrong line for pole so he's clearly got other concerns, oh and my quote was from his arguing about Brexit. He knows a lot of stuff does AH.
    As the Wolf of Wall Street said 'Money Talks and Bullsheite Gets on the Bus'! I would guess not as big as his ego. It's obvious there are problems behind the scenes and have been for a long time. Oh, just me just being bitter again.

Nice Monday morning for AH's two main stalkers

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    It's quite sad to see in my opinion but indicative of people these days. Sure personality wise AH isn't everyone's cup of tea, most may find him overbearing and egotistical (and let's face it none of us REALLY know him out of work so that is a social media driven opinion) but when it comes to Notts he's put a lot of his money on the pitch and especially off it. He's even held his hands up and said he made mistakes, he's learning about running football clubs just like we all would do in his shoes. He's really trying to improve us as a club on the whole and really trying to get us out of this division. After how Nolan did last season with the squad we had then it's obvious that AH had to back him in the summer and he did, it's not his fault the shape of the squad is now totally wrong.

Why do you have to find fault with everything AH does?

Also Old Pie AH probably does know quite a lot but obviously not as much as you.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I'm not sure if that was aimed at me, but I don't think I've ever knocked BigAl's efforts at Notts?

I was struggling to understand the players efforts at Bury, when I received a whisper that one or two of the players had been heard moaning about wages and/or bonuses by someone working in the Sports Media department....obviously, if it's bonuses, then IMO they shouldn't be getting any after the dreadful start to the season anyway....but I guess it depends on how their wages are balanced ie basic v bonus.

Last season, BigAl made a point of saying that the "bonuses were costing him a fortune?"......was that system reviewed over the summer and have some players reacted negatively?......I've no idea...I'm just throwing it out there for discussion.

We saw how quickly things can get out of hand in the early 2000s, Pavis left the club reasonably ship shape but within a couple of years - post the likes of Hackworth and Caskey - it was in administration. I think Hardy's made a good appointment in Harry Kewell, I'm sure he will turn it around eventually but that doesn't necessarily solve the financial issues. If Hardy can't handle it then he'll have to sell up, it's that simple. You just hope - when the time comes - he hands it over in better condition than what it was in when he bought it. We don't want yet another regime having to come in and spend their first season putting out fires.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast