+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warne & Hurst

Warne & Hurst

Last season fighting to go up,we won.This Season fighting to stay up, hope we win this one too.Ipswich at Leeds Wednesday night& Millwall away Saturday.Lose these two & I think hursty just might be looking for another job.

I think Warne is the better manager tbh.
    I think your correct Hurst could be looking for another job very soon.
    Warne will keep us up I’m that confident I’m predicting a win tomorrow 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I think Warne is the better manager tbh.
    I think your correct Hurst could be looking for another job very soon.
    Warne will keep us up I’m that confident I’m predicting a win tomorrow ��
    I love you pocket, your enthusiasm and confidence are brilliant attributes!

What may save Hursty is Ipswich aren't a sacking club, but they will only go on so long.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    What may save Hursty is Ipswich aren't a sacking club.
    Tell that to Roy Keane, Jim Magilton and Paul Jewell

Ipswich Town getting a lot of criticism on TalkSport Radio this afternoon, although Hursty is not getting the majority of the blame. Criticisms of ITFC include lack of ambition the team being patched up with lower division players, and lack of a goalscorer. Sounds strangely familiar and we're just three points ahead of them at the moment...

Difference with them and us is expectation. We hope to survive in this league and anything more than that is a bonus to build on. They expect not only to survive but to challenge, when was the last time they were lower than the second tier. Also their fans still look back to the Robson days. Today's championship is a different kettle of fish. Out of Keane, Magilton and Jewell I would have thought only one was an Ipswich type of manager.

Last season Ipswich had Waghorn, Garner and McGoldrick, they've all moved on to other clubs.
    Paul Hurst has brought in at least 9 players, quite a few are from League 1 and League 2.
    Kayden Jackson was £1M although I read somewhere that figure could rise to £1.6M.
    By our standards Ipswich have spent quite a lot. PH brought Jon Nolan and Toto Nsiala in from Shrewsbury and Ellis Harrison from Bristol Rovers. They've had one clean sheet from 13 games and he's used 27 players this season.
    Next four game's Leeds away, Millwall away, Preston home and Reading away. By that time Marcus Evans ( owner ) may have to make a decision. He will be reluctant to sack him unfortunately he will be more reluctant to take the relegation to League 1.

At present Paul Warne is the better manager....working on a shoe - string budget.

It's a cliche, but Hurst has lost the dressing room. He hasn't got the charisma or man-management skills.