+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yeovil Town

Yeovil Town

Fresh from a winning trip to sunny Stevenage it's on to another local game for a Tuesday night this time at Yeovil. I shall be there with a mate and I know of one other going so that's three of us, anyone else going?

Can't make the distance at the moment. Saving myself for Exeter/Forest Green. As for possible result... 'fraid my pessimism is going to reassert itself and suggest we'll come down with a bump. Another (prediction wise) 3-0 defeat for me.

Well Yeovil couldn't beat Tranmere, we did beat Tranmere so obviously it'll probably be a Yeovil win...gotta love football.

2 1 win for the Railwaymen

Nil nil written all over it.

Am watching video of game live. Jonah and Wintle are still playing too deep and square. Their playmaker is being given much too much space. We are playing neatly but very slow-paced. It still seems as if they a kick up the arse. Couple of good saves from Barratt. But we're still standing off and seemhalf asleep.

Played well but should have won. Wonderful near post header by Wintle but nobody on the back post!
    Stats look odd 18 shots to our 9 was no representation of the game as we dominated most of the game. Unfortunately the best chance fell to Whelan who blazed way over. Shame it had fallen to the wrong player. Meanwhile, Nicky Maynard scored again for Bury.

Deserved to win .Need to get 3 points saturday and get on a roll .Nice to see Maynard scoring but he got double the wage Porter our top earner is on at Bury so we never stood a chance .

Quote Originally Posted by The bloodtubs View Post
    Deserved to win .Need to get 3 points saturday and get on a roll .Nice to see Maynard scoring but he got double the wage Porter our top earner is on at Bury so we never stood a chance .
    Yes but you get what you pay for, Porter has clearly seen better days and we need to be scoring goals as is evident from our current league position. It just highlights even more the poor budget that the Crewe manager has to work with from a club who proclaims to have ambitions to challenge in this league. I would take Maynard playing up front than Porter all day long for us Porter needs to hang up his boots well past his best and a complete waste of club funds.

Isn't it time 'the best finisher at the club's Reilly was given an extended run? Mind you I don't know how that would work as I also think Miller needs an extended run in the team.