+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t time to disband the two big political parties in the UK

o/t time to disband the two big political parties in the UK

neither are fit for purpose.

the tories in many of their policies are more left wing than Labour and seem to have forgotten the meaning of cultural conservatism.

Labour are comprised of middle class careerists who don't really care which party they belong to as long as they progress up the ladder....the rest of the party seem obsessed with identity politics and ironically have no time for white working class males.

Time to rip it up and start again.

both established under a different context to todays world.
    both/all self serving
    both/all irrelevant
    both/all out of touch

Not fit for purpose. Good call i'm in

And replace them with what?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    And replace them with what?
    Any party working in the governance system we have right now will act in the same way. The whole system needs a redesign then i can answer your question.

we need a system that has a longer term planning horizon.
    accountability at local level

I think it's a fair shout, IBS. The outcome of the last General Election suggests that the country wanted to vote 'none of the above'.

For many years all they've had to do is rubber-stamp legislation from Brussels.

Now they actually have to do some real work they're not up to it.

Still it shows why the majority of the politicians don't want to leave the EU, they're a bunch of lazy buggers.

I'm amazed that IBS, given his usual political viewpoint, is not suggesting a military coup, or some sort of religious state run along the lines of the Spanish Inquisition.
    How about IBS giving us all a rest from this attention-seeking "look at me I'm controversial" stuff? Did your parents neglect you as a child , or something?
    I'll give him his due though, even though he is now living in the USA (allegedly) , he is still getting to Millers games
    Last edited by mikemiller; 22-10-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Maybe he's got iFollow?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    neither are fit for purpose.

the tories in many of their policies are more left wing than Labour and seem to have forgotten the meaning of cultural conservatism.

Labour are comprised of middle class careerists who don't really care which party they belong to as long as they progress up the ladder....the rest of the party seem obsessed with identity politics and ironically have no time for white working class males.

Time to rip it up and start again.
    Come on chaps. It's not exactly subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Come on chaps. It's not exactly subtle.
    Quite.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast