+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t time to disband the two big political parties in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Come on chaps. It's not exactly subtle.
    Kempo never did know much about politics...or medicine ... or education... or football... or horseracing... or the stock market... that never stopped him giving his views though (unfortunately)

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    For many years all they've had to do is rubber-stamp legislation from Brussels.

Now they actually have to do some real work they're not up to it.

Still it shows why the majority of the politicians don't want to leave the EU, they're a bunch of lazy buggers.
    True.

I wonder though GF if the people of the UK could actually go along with disbanding the parties?

I have a feeling that the shock would be too great for them and they would not know what to do with the freedom from left and right wing ideology.

The Labour party for example does nothing for white working class males, except fill them full of guilt, yet people still turn up on election day and vote for them.

Imagine if people realised how free they were to chuck it in and start to build a party that actually represented rather than belittled them?

The thought would frighten them to death.

They don’t need disbanding, there just needs to be a credible alternative.

Macron succeeded in France.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    True.

I wonder though GF if the people of the UK could actually go along with disbanding the parties?

I have a feeling that the shock would be too great for them and they would not know what to do with the freedom from left and right wing ideology.

The Labour party for example does nothing for white working class males, except fill them full of guilt, yet people still turn up on election day and vote for them.

Imagine if people realised how free they were to chuck it in and start to build a party that actually represented rather than belittled them?

What sort of politics are are thinking would work? Would it be a one party state?

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    They don’t need disbanding, there just needs to be a credible alternative.

Macron succeeded in France.
    He was a Rothschild banker though.

Not really a proper party, he was just pushed forward to stop Le Pen.

Just a puppet really.
    Last edited by great_fire; 23-10-2018 at 10:47 AM.

True.

Other countries you do seem to have new parties forming quite often.

The electoral system here discourages that but I think it's still odd that there haven't been more.

I would like to see the left of the Conservatives and the right of Labour form a centrist, neoliberal party and then we would get a genuine choice between left, right or neolib.

How those in power deal with leaving the EU will define British Politics for the forseable future.

None of the political parties can be trusted on this issue in my opinion, Just look at the recent statement by the Labour Party Leadership that they would support a second referendum on Brexit.

Surely this is an act of treachery to all those 17+million British citizens who voted to leave and won the refrendum? Whether you like it or not, thats how democracy works.

The majority of those in the house of commons will continue to use every means they can, including the media which has sought to overturn the decision of the British people in the 2016 EU Referendum.

Teresa May doesnt want to leave either and she and her party will fail to deliver what the majority of people voted for in 2016.

The ruling classes and the EU will demand another referendum and another until they get the result they want.

They are all the same as each other, most cant be trusted! they seem only interested in themselves and to hell with democracy.

The Labour Party need to remember that 60% of their constituencies voted to leave the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventus2012 View Post
    How those in power deal with leaving the EU will define British Politics for the forseable future.

None of the political parties can be trusted on this issue in my opinion, Just look at the recent statement by the Labour Party Leadership that they would support a second referendum on Brexit.

Surely this is an act of treachery to all those 17+million British citizens who voted to leave and won the refrendum? Whether you like it or not, thats how democracy works.

The majority of those in the house of commons will continue to use every means they can, including the media which has sought to overturn the decision of the British people in the 2016 EU Referendum.

Teresa May doesnt want to leave either and she and her party will fail to deliver what the majority of people voted for in 2016.

The ruling classes and the EU will demand another referendum and another until they get the result they want.

They are all the same as each other, most cant be trusted! they seem only interested in themselves and to hell with democracy.

The Labour Party need to remember that 60% of their constituencies voted to leave the EU.
    Well, regardless of which side you're on, posting blatant lies about the labour party position really isn't the ting to do is it?

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/negotiating-brexit/

True.

The public made it clear what they thought about the LibDems. Next will be the Labour party and the division in the Conservatives will save everyone the trouble as they'll destroy themselves

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Well, regardless of which side you're on, posting blatant lies about the labour party position really isn't the ting to do is it?

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/negotiating-brexit/
    Please accept my appologies if I have got it wrong but Iam sure that I read somewhere that the Labour Party had recently said they would support a second referendum. If i'm wrong then I will hold my hands up.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...our-party-poll

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45616308

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast