+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any Chance ...

Any Chance ...

... we could perhaps get behind the team, the Manager and the club at this particularly difficult time? We are who we are, it is what it is, and for as long as I can remember we've had our ups and downs. Or, failing that, we could always just slate anyone connected to the team / club, and further reduce whatever confidence may be left? Your call guys!

There's a good idea! Good seasons and bad seasons come with the season ticket. Be positive.

Totally agree with you both just wish management team and players did their talking on the pitch rather in the press. I know they are obliged to do the media interviews but please actions speak louder than words. IMO if we the fans we’re not behind the manager and team you would have had demonstrations after the performance on Saturday. Time for the players to put their bodies and abilities on the line and stand up and be counted COYW

During the 90 odd minutes I will be behind the team, I wouldn't slaughter a player when he's out on the pitch. This is a forum where you can get involved in the debate and vent you feelings about the game and tactics employed by the Manger. We all have the clubs best interest at heart but by god it's frustrating sometimes.

Ahhh great, here come the "I'm a better supporter than you " brigade.

Has anyone actually said that they are not behind the team? Or that they are turning their backs on the club? Or that they are going to rip up their season books at eat them with chips? Or anything remotely like that?

We are on a bad run just now and we are having a bad season after a bad summer of transfer dealings and the football we are playing is awful. Whether you, me or anyone else likes it or not, those are big talking points and the team and the manager are being called into question just like they would be at any club in world football if they were in our current situation.

I will personally never shout abuse, boo or jeer any Motherwell team or Motherwell player but if they aren't giving me my money's worth then I'm sure as hell going to criticise them and from what I've seen this season, we have fallen way, way short of where we should be and I, like the majority of the support I'd guess are rightfully annoyed about it.

But that does not mean that I am not behind the team/club.

I think Robinson has had - and still gets - tremendous backing but that's not the same as sticking your head in the sand.

I can't actually remember a manager at Fir Park going through this bad a spell without the slightest hint of vitriol in the criticism...and that's going back to McLeish, Kampmann...McGhee deserves his own category and even McCall got it much worse, much quicker having had three top three finishes.

The only similarity is Butcher, there's a sad realisation that time is up and a timely parting of the ways will benefit both parties with good feeling on both sides. But that doesn't last forever...

I really, really hope he turns it round but I just can't see it and if he gets the next two games - as seems likely - anything less than upturn will surely spell the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Ahhh great, here come the "I'm a better supporter than you " brigade.

Has anyone actually said that they are not behind the team? Or that they are turning their backs on the club? Or that they are going to rip up their season books at eat them with chips? Or anything remotely like that?

We are on a bad run just now and we are having a bad season after a bad summer of transfer dealings and the football we are playing is awful. Whether you, me or anyone else likes it or not, those are big talking points and the team and the manager are being called into question just like they would be at any club in world football if they were in our current situation.

I will personally never shout abuse, boo or jeer any Motherwell team or Motherwell player but if they aren't giving me my money's worth then I'm sure as hell going to criticise them and from what I've seen this season, we have fallen way, way short of where we should be and I, like the majority of the support I'd guess are rightfully annoyed about it.

But that does not mean that I am not behind the team/club.
    Ahh ... why ain't I surprised by this over-reactionary post? Who the fekk mentioned rippin' up season tkts, being a better supporter than you, or any of that other tosh you spouted there? Making things up to suit your argument again methinks. Like many, many others I ain't too pleased with where we are, or indeed the tactics being employed. But it's the same players (ex Moult and Kipre), who did pretty well last season. And, as I recall, Kipre wasn't a favourite of yersel last term. However, just you carry on mumping and moaning 'cos that'll get us out of this particular mire I'm sure. Point is - which you failed to get - if we can get behind the team in the next 2 games (12 pointers I reckon), then we've a chance to progress. We don't get behind them and it's curtains and we're in the bottom 3 dogfight. As I said previously - your choice, so take just take yer pick.

Again, who is not behind the team?? And what exactly is your definitely of "not getting behind the team" while we're at it? Supporters discussing the fact that we have been poor this season and that the entertainment levels are non existent?

Here's how it works. See when the team are playing well and/or winning, reaching cup finals, qualifying for Europe and so on, supporters are happy and they don't moan or criticise. On the other hand when things aren't going so well, supporters WILL criticise and moan about things, it's human nature apart from anything else.

Being critical of the team, the players or the manager does not equate to "not being behind the team".

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)