+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warne's 100 games

Warne's 100 games

More on Warne joining the 100 club

http://itsmillerstime.co.uk/paul-war...ng-his-100-up/

'Along with the 36 wins there have been 17 draws and 47 defeats.

Scoring goals has not been a problem, as his side have found the net 112 times and have been breached on 119 occasions'

We can all forgive Warne for his initial baptism of fire into Management and how he must have felt seeing defeat after defeat before relegation was confirmed. Not even Warnock would have saved us that season.

Fast forward to his first full season and the man delivered 110% under a modest budget to work from. Promotion first time of asking was 10 times better than what Wilder achieved in ? years before getting Sheffield Utd promoted.

This season? Who knows where he's taking us but one thing's for sure, he surely has to bolster the team come January if he wants us to score more. The defence is looking stronger each week and he's now using our youth team players, which looks both encouraging and promising, as this keeps the expenditure down and keeps the club on an even keel.

Hand on heart, IF we end up being relegated I for one do not feel TS will sack Warne. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and commonsense is seen and used come the open market in the New Year.

Well done so far Warne and here's to better things. UTM.

Chris Wilder took the blades up in his first full season I think. Not to underestimate what PW has done though. He's been a breath of fresh air for this club, everyone is believing and it shows.
    We are probably three quality players away from being comfortable at this level with the way things are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Chris Wilder took the blades up in his first full season I think. Not to underestimate what PW has done though. He's been a breath of fresh air for this club, everyone is believing and it shows.
    We are probably three quality players away from being comfortable at this level with the way things are right now.
    Hazza, I could be wrong then about Wilder. Just that something sticks in my mind about the Blades taking 5 seasons to get back into the Championship and I thought Wilde was there for more than one of these.

Like you say, 2-3 quality players away from holding our own in this league, we'll see what happens.

NB. Just checked and Wilder did indeed take the blades up first time of asking and as champions with a magical 100 points. My apologies to Wilder and Blade fans alike. Just think that Warne did it the hard way with little or no cash to use and mainly relied on freebies or loans.
    Last edited by Brin; 24-10-2018 at 12:02 PM.