+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Relegation

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    There was no miracle needed.
    Aye because in the remaining games we were always going to get enough points with Man City,Liverpool,Leicester and Spurs to play in the last 10 games.I think a return of 14 pts from 30 was a good one.Do you not think the same.

Especially as we only had 23 before he came in out of 28 games beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Aye because in the remaining games we were always going to get enough points with Man City,Liverpool,Leicester and Spurs to play in the last 10 games.I think a return of 14 pts from 30 was a good one.Do you not think the same.
    When he came in with his big ego attitude of thinking denting the players day by dragging them all back in on their day off, he started by gaining 1 point out of his first 4 games.

My real argument is, if he'd have came in and met the players the very next day, then it's possible he could have got a bit more from them and actually staved off relegation.

We were only 1 point behind Sunderland and we had a game in hand, even though it was against Man City.

The last 6 games we were unbeaten, including Man City (draw) plus Liverpool (draw) and Tottenham (win).

We might not have escaped but I believe we could have with a better set of circumstances of new manager meet up.

So, in a nutshell, Rafa had the players and had 10 games and blew it.
    He takes a portion of the blame but he did take us down.

Do you have proof that the reason we took 1 point in the 1st four games was down to Rafas ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It's really not worth it you two.

He's got his warped view and nothing will change him of it.

You're just going to end up annoying yourselves over it.
    Correct enough said Jammy

Rafa did take the club down.
    Who else was manager when they were relegated?
    I thought you claimed to be a "knowledgeable fan". You and Dumbo keep jumping on this band wagon but consider Rafa's results in the too few games he had.

THAT WAS NOT RELEGATION FORM. He only had one defeat during a period that Ashley left far, far to late to give him a chance.

And any fan who knows the remotest thing about the game knows this. The entire blame lies with the owner and not the manager.

As for Rafa taking us down, if a chav rags a car within an inch of its life for almost a year then after a few weeks of new ownership, with the new owner driving it carefully and sensibly, it breaks down and needs a new engine, brakes, tyres and suspension, would the guy at the garage blame the new owner or the chav?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Do you have proof that the reason we took 1 point in the 1st four games was down to Rafas ego.
    Whatever you want to call it when coming into the club as manager and immediately getting all the players back to the club midway through their day off.
    I'd call it ego but then again that's just my speculation.
    It's hard to get facts for most things for all of us, so speculate we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    As for Rafa taking us down, if a chav rags a car within an inch of its life for almost a year then after a few weeks of new ownership, with the new owner driving it carefully and sensibly, it breaks down and needs a new engine, brakes, tyres and suspension, would the guy at the garage blame the new owner or the chav?
    There's was nothing wrong with the car other than the owner not being too good at steering it and not changing gear.
    The new owner threw cold water on it to try and shock it into performing better, initially when a warm wash and wax would have been a good start before going through the gears properly.

Whatever you want to call it when coming into the club as manager and immediately getting all the players back to the club midway through their day off.
    I'd call it ego but then again that's just my speculation.
    It's hard to get facts for most things for all of us, so speculate we will.
    Can you tell me where I can officially read that that is what rafa did?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)