+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billy Dodds

Billy Dodds

I’ve thought about this, whether to post or not on the hot topic.

I won’t reply or get involved in follow up but for what it’s worth here some things as a result of comments in today’s press.

1. Billy Dodds did not try to kill DFC, his vote was a protest about losing his job very quickly onto it.

2. In my opinion he did not say anything about liquidation when he left, I was there and I was the one telling him he was out of work.

3. I think he’s a football person, so I also don’t think he gave much thought to possible consequence of his CVA vote. He was bothered about himself.

4. The reason GC and BD were let go is that they cost too much. This was down to stupid high contracts.

5. If it came to choosing between them and DFC I’d do the same again. Instantly.

6. I never considered keeping them on due to cost, the results up till then, my perception of situation and my belief in Barry and the players we had left to survive.

7. Finally, when faced with football choices Chisholm and Dodds made theirs. They were free to to so and in my time went to Melville for players when they were told no. Daryl Duffy (think that’s his name ) on 6k a week is at front of mind. Bob Harris at QotS another.
    I liked them but I didn’t like results, reaction to results or treatment of Netan Sansara.
    When I had to make choices I made them for DFC, and with not the help Doddsy claims.

In this situation I would say back the mgr, and if he still chooses Dodds so be it. It will divide support and knowing that they must get results. Get us off the bottom and I personally can live with it

Thanks Harry.

As you know I disagree 're dodds but after that interview record needed putting straight.

Cheers

If it genuinely was a protest vote, why the anger at everyone knowing? Why not make it public. He originally said it was because of people at the club, so changing the story now is insincere at best.

Thanks,Harry. I think if it has to be Dodds then as long as we don't get relegated, then it will be worth putting up with. Dodds is insignificant compared to Dundee. HIs act was selfish, don't think he is savvy enough to have had a strategy. We need to get McIntyre focused on sorting this mess out. Much rather Dodds wasn't there but I can just ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    Thanks,Harry. I think if it has to be Dodds then as long as we don't get relegated, then it will be worth putting up with. Dodds is insignificant compared to Dundee. HIs act was selfish, don't think he is savvy enough to have had a strategy. We need to get McIntyre focused on sorting this mess out. Much rather Dodds wasn't there but I can just ignore him.
    I,d give Dodds a chance, but on,y if he can recite the names on Shaded’s flag, from bottom to top, right to left, I’d give him five minutes to study them, maybe then he’d realise what the club means to the fans, and how many his actions could have effected

Absolute shambles, appointing BD will only increase the toxicity. I would like JM to leave Dens tonight. Terrible appointment absolutely terrible, he has made this situation worse and clearly does not care at all about our support. I think he is a chancer that sees the chance of a year's money for feck all

You can't blame Jim mac he has steadied your sinking ship

You'd think he be needing a defensive-minded assistant, what do either of them know about defending.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    You'd think he be needing a defensive-minded assistant, what do either of them know about defending.
    Very little giving their stats at county and qos.

I doubt the Saudi government wud be able to form any kind of defence with this mob though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    90 years without a fundesliga win, that is really impressive given 60 years spent doon
    Clutching at straws!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)