+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reality

Mabey mabey reality is setting in were not as good as we think we are,, I no its only 30 mins in but something is missing ....

Experience is missing, and also don't forget the majority of this team is made up of players proven not good enough to play in the Championship. It will take a couple of seasons of building if we are going to carry on with this model.

No good just battering teams every now and again. You need to know how to go and nick a result, smash and grab and keep it tight. You can’t just turn up thinking you can walk through teams every week, other coaches aren’t stupid they’ll soon work you out when you’re predictable

I don't think tactics played a part tonight.
    If you don't get the basics right they don't need to work you out.
    We couldn't control or make a simple pass.
    Too casual and either gave the ball away or got caught in possession.
    I didn't think it possible to be so bad all over the pitch.
    I'd say Lindsay was our MOM with 4 out of 10.

Our performance was poor tonight - it’s the complacency& laziness tonight that I didn’t like - all players can have an off day but my goodness, it was embarrassing tonight

I’ve just got back and it was awful plain and simple!
    Not one of them except Moore tried he was coming back into defence to get the bloody ball, special mention for Toby Carvery though who was absolutely shocking, every pass to a Town player, every cross out of play and when he was faced with a player running at him lost every time!
    Lindsay looked like he didn’t care, Pinnock worse another that under played every ball and couldn’t be arsed, Williams out of his depth and Davies flapped at everything! Least said about Thiam the better!
    All in all a waste of time and money, I put more effort getting there than that lot put in on the field tonight!
    Fair play to Shrewsbury though who got stuck in from the start and seem to frighten the life out of us? So much than we just ran away.

Looking forward to the player videos before Saturday though....”We were off the pace” “ We want to be up there going for promotion”

I want a Ferrari but to get one I will have to put in some hard graft and unless they do we will be nowhere near the top at the end of the season!
    Last edited by perkytyke; 24-10-2018 at 12:04 AM.

To be fair, I bet it’s like watching paint dry watching Barnsley

Went to Shrewsbury last night and the team looked shocking. The back four where terrible Williams and Cavire had nightmare games and how deep Keith was coming to get the ball was unbelievable. Just hope it was a one off because that was bad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red syy View Post
    Went to Shrewsbury last night and the team looked shocking. The back four where terrible Williams and Cavire had nightmare games and how deep Keith was coming to get the ball was unbelievable. Just hope it was a one off because that was bad!!!
    I didn't go but do you think performances like last nights heap more pressure on the weekend fixture?

There only putting pressure on themselves mabey the hype and self expections as hit them you have 2 work dam hard in this league its not always about the preparation and fitness it about working as a team and last night was shocking , I could see it from 2 yards away that the defence its not talking and the Davis is not a natural leader not communication, cavere and Williams not in the game , the manager i my opinion is starting to panic and is scared to change the team around , there a couple of decent wingers in 23 squad that we can choose .. I no its early in league but time waits for no man ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast