+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough Post Match Thoughts

Smith is pivotal to how we play.
    Everything stuck when it came up to him.
    He gives us time to break out while he holds the ball up.
    His touch is top class very rarely gives it away.
    His work rate is phenomenal and he gets battered every game.
    He is the DNA of this team hard working never gives in and wears the shirt with pride.
    Yes we need more goals but if Smith didn’t play last night we lose it’s that simple.

MOM by a country mile for me.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I really hope folk can see what the reality of the board is, the posts from welovebooth, greatfire and zilzal, really, pathetic attempts at wind up when in reality the team has done great tonight, just great.

The thing is, i think Warney has got something good going on here, early doors granted but the team seems to me to be growing rapidly.....then i read the tripe from these posters.....god help us.
    ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    What's so great about NOT scoring again and NOT winning again?

Can someone please kindly tell me?
    Sorry no, i am going to stay kemposed and be reziliant not to answer..
    Ibsolutely not...

I enjoyed the game last night and didn't feel worried at all. Some fantastic performances last night.
    I can't remember seeing Mattock playing so well before, Robertson and Ajayi were brilliant together, Rodak did everything right and with Vassell and Smith giving us a physical presence up front were competitive. Must mention Wiles though. He came on and didn't look out of place at all.
    Well done to them all

Enjoyed the game and delighted with the outcome, rode our luck and at the end we lost the fizz we had early on as the players looked jaded.

Should be a confidence booster for Saturday which I think we should try to win.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    No goals or assists in the last two games yet named man of match on here, sorry don't get it.
    So a striker can't have a good game unless he scores?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    He is the DNA of this team hard working never gives in and wears the shirt with pride.
    Yes we need more goals but if Smith didn’t play last night we lose it’s that simple.

Yes this was how I saw it
    Bit bemused at people who weren't impressed with Smith's performance when they didn't even go. You can't gauge what truly happened from a TV screen
    Smudger caused havoc last night and had their CB's rattled. They were complaining to the ref all night, the ref ignored them and Smith just got on with it.
    Tried another curler from distance that the keeper just clawed away
    His play does indeed bring others into play and puts the opposition on the back foot. Maybe this didn't come across in TV.
    Manning, Towell and Vaulks had really good chances albeit from distance which on another day could have gone in.

We played well last night and the result was no fluke. Boro had more chances but we had the better ones.
    Thought Williams neshed out of too many challenges and missed his obligatory 6 yd chance.

The Yorkshire, Yorkshire chants were class as well as was your ground's too big for you
    Last edited by flourbasher; 24-10-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post

Agree entirely smithy is bloody brilliant and we would have lost without him. I haven't seen a championship defender who hasn't seen him as being a right handful all season and he often has 2 big defenders on him as well. If he did score goals he wouldn't be with us. I think vassell is in a similar mould and defenders just don't like coming up against him either. All efforts must be to get that fox in a box to play alongside Smith in jan even if we don't get anyone else and we must keep ajayi till the end of the season at least if we want to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    we are starting to slide down into relegation territory.

we could be joint second from bottom this time tomorow.

as expected but still gutted.
    It's being cheerful that keeps him going - and I wish he wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    ffs
    Come on lads, no text speak!!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast