+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Next 5 Games

Fingers crossed Alloa over exert themselves in the Fizzy, but i dont see that one as easy because of what they are capable of. We also need to lay another marker down when Ayr visit, then its Morton, ICT, Falkirk to the end of the quarter! I dont think any of them will be easy.

Cant wait til the Alloa game so i just know whats gonna happen! Feet back on the ground and one game at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I think we just need to keep our feet on the ground and stay focused, we've won nothing yet. A good rest then concentrate on getting the 3 points v Alloa. The momentum is with us and I thought Robbie dropped the word title into his postmatch interview on purpose.

No need for quarterly targets because they are of no use if Ayr keep winning, just concentrate on the next 3 points available.
    Hats to be pedantic, but if Ayr and ourselves achieve the same points total v the other 8 teams, then as long as we beat them in our remaining 3 matches against them, we would finish above them.

There will be plenty more twists and turns as the season goes though, so agree we just need to keep this run going as long as possible. That means going out with the right attitude in our next game (Allla) and beating a team we haven't managed to yet this season.

This has really been an incredibly quick turnaround so far. If we beat Alloa and Ayr at home next two games at worst two points behind Ayr, one behind County with 21 games left. Who would have bet on that after Laszlos last game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dundeeunitedfc View Post
    Hats to be pedantic, but if Ayr and ourselves achieve the same points total v the other 8 teams, then as long as we beat them in our remaining 3 matches against them, we would finish above them.

There will be plenty more twists and turns as the season goes though, so agree we just need to keep this run going as long as possible. That means going out with the right attitude in our next game (Allla) and beating a team we haven't managed to yet this season.
    No problem. If you read back what I said, was (theoretically) if Ayr keep winning they will win the league so we need to just keep taking the next 3 points available and see where we end up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)