+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 5 Games

Next 5 Games

So, Robbie Neilson has got off to a good start and things are feeling a bit more positive.

There is already a wee gap though between us and some of the teams above. I know it's still pretty early days but feels like we are coming into a critical period over the next 5 games. Our fixtures are:

Dunfermline A
    QOS H
    Ross County A
    Alloa H
    Ayr H

Feels to me like we need to win all of those home games and take something from the away games to really put down a marker.

Personally I think we should be looking for 13 points out of these games but an absolute minimum of 11. My heart says 15 points but it's bee n a while since we won 5 in a row so need to be realistic!

What's everyone's thoughts?

Was thinking about this last week and considering the ICT game as well, expected we might get 3 wins and leave to chance getting results from the other 3. Now we have a draw to kick that off, I might be minded to expect 4 wins but don't want to get too confident as yet!

Looking at it as a set of 9 fixtures, we already have a win to kick off the second quarter, so fingers crossed we can keep that going. Need the other strikers to start scoring though, and it doesn't look like Curran will be starting too often. Some don't like him but he has scored a couple already. McMillan needs to start showing some return for the faith that has been shown in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Was thinking about this last week and considering the ICT game as well, expected we might get 3 wins and leave to chance getting results from the other 3. Now we have a draw to kick that off, I might be minded to expect 4 wins but don't want to get too confident as yet!

Looking at it as a set of 9 fixtures, we already have a win to kick off the second quarter, so fingers crossed we can keep that going. Need the other strikers to start scoring though, and it doesn't look like Curran will be starting too often. Some don't like him but he has scored a couple already. McMillan needs to start showing some return for the faith that has been shown in him.
    the way weve played in the last few years one game at a time and see where we are come may simples

New manager, new era, game at a time

Totally agree shedka. I'm quite amazed that folk think this same set of players are suddenly going to be winning every match. I live in hope though.

I know it's boring and cliche but take one game at a time.
    Playing a far better style of football for this league and it's looking brighter. Need to quietly pick up the points.

Yip like everyone is saying one game at a time, stay within striking distance of teams at the top then hopefully kick on 2nd half of season . 10/1 For Utd to win league on bet 365. Worth a wee punt I think.

Fyvie staying fit is key. The difference he's made in the last few weeks is outstanding.

It’s all about staying close to Ross County, and one eye on Caley.

Forget Ayr.

Don't think Ayr will fall away like people think, don't think they will win the league either, but definitely see them in play off

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)