+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 5 Games

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Totally agree shedka. I'm quite amazed that folk think this same set of players are suddenly going to be winning every match. I live in hope though.
    I agree, maybe Neilson is a miracle worker, he'll need to be!

What I will say though with 18 pts a quarter target, we ended up with 12 pts from the first quarter after the draw with ICT, so 6 down on that

Partick away was part of our second quarter of games, so a good start, if we can get to 36 pts or close to it after 18 games (half way at end of second quarter) then things will be looking quite good

We are 5 points off the old ‘2 points a game’ target.

Normally I agree - one game at a time but think we need to look beyond that now.

If you start looking at each game individually then in a lot of cases a single point seems like a decent result, but in reality that won't help us. For example - a point away at Dunfermline would be decent, so would a point away at Ross county, even a point at home to QOS and Ayr wouldn't be a disaster going by the 'game by game'thinking. Put that run of results together though and we will be miles off where we need to be.

Need to set much more ambitious targets IMO.

Laszlo also started off well and left us feeling positive so it's hard to judge Neilson so far and if you add that he also had 3 or 4 normal starters back from injury that laszlo didn't have.

Watching Neilson on Saturday giving out instructions and looking calm does give me comfort though whereas laszlo's manic behaviour just pi55ed me aff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundeeunitedfc View Post
    Normally I agree - one game at a time but think we need to look beyond that now.

If you start looking at each game individually then in a lot of cases a single point seems like a decent result, but in reality that won't help us. For example - a point away at Dunfermline would be decent, so would a point away at Ross county, even a point at home to QOS and Ayr wouldn't be a disaster going by the 'game by game'thinking. Put that run of results together though and we will be miles off where we need to be.

Need to set much more ambitious targets IMO.
    After the last two seasons of falling spectacularly on our arse from good positions I for one am not looking too far ahead.
    We went on a great run and were top at Christmas in Ray's first season and also made a promising start under Csaba, but our general play was poor and we got found out big style.
    What I want to see at least is the team playing the right way, full of commitment, dominating matches and take it from there.

Three 18s would give us 66 points which would probably get 2nd place but maybe not top spot.
    Average over 8 seasons is champions 77 points & 2nd place 64.
    Being such a tight league this season tho 70 points might be enough to win the league.
    Difference between this season & the last two is we will improve as the season progresses & we'll not suffer the post-Xmas form slump.
    Going with PartyFears' 'two points a game' maxim would give us 72 points which would probably win the league.
    I suggest that is our target.

Three 18's is 54 lol

Either way that's looking too far ahead, see what we have at halfway stage and what the other contenders have

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Three 18's is 54 lol

Either way that's looking too far ahead, see what we have at halfway stage and what the other contenders have
    54+12=??

Judging someone on where we were at the half way stage turned out to be misguided at best. Not one for remembering, but were we top at half way the last 2 seasons?

I would rather we were in the mix with our squad not being so fragile that one player injured will destroy our season. Need some players out in January with better options brought in for in key positions. Keeper, centre mid and another winger required!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    54+12=??

Correct, skimmed by really quick, apologies arabchnid for doubting your counting ability lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)