+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we good enough

Are we good enough

Just got in from the Sunderland match have only missed the Plymouth Accrington and Fleetwood matches while it has been more exciting than last season we have missed a lot of chances Saturday and tonight excluding 2 great chances tonight but I think they came and did a job on us tonight and that was the difference between a good team and us all the matches i have seen this season they were the most professional team

Lifelong - you haven't declared a score for Bradford in the predictions for next Saturday.

I've just watched the extended highlights of the match Lifelong, and it would seem Rovers were objectively slightly unlucky to come out of the game with no reward. Two clear chances missed (Wilks and Blair with only the keeper to beat) at the end of the first half and some 'crunch' tackling by Sunderland (Cattermole in particular could've/should've been sent off) probably sums up the difference between the 2 sides. Add to that 2 potential penalty appeals turned down (probably rightfully), so on a better day, it could have been 2-1 or even 3-1. I like the style of play, but it seems we're just missing that little bit of extra ruthlessness or cutting edge which might well make the difference between promotion and middle of the table come the end of the season, if the problem is not resolved in the meantime...

McCann has proved me wrong by keeping us in the top 6 for the first 14 games. But it's only my opinion when I say I think we will struggle to get back into the top 6 ever again because we are not consistent enough and squander too many chances.

There is little chance of us being in the top two. And I don't see this team winning a play-off battle even if we could get there. I suspect McCann will miss out on promotion for Doncaster just as he did for Peterborough.

Being the dirtiest club in the league is one thing but winning games with too many suspensions is another. We already will have 2 suspended for the Coventry game and we don't have a lot of strength on the bench to cover. We are not winning enough at the moment to compete at the top, and 4 points out of 15 is nothing to shout about and McCann does not have much of a Plan B to call upon.

Too many chances are being missed in more than just this one match. And we shouldn't have to rely on penalties to win matches. We can hardly complain about 'crunch' tacking when we already have 43 yellow cards in 15 league matches.