+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 games played and 5 points behind Aston Villa.

14 games played and 5 points behind Aston Villa.

Who would have happily taken these stats prior to the start of the season?.

14 games. Isn't that how many AS lasted? Has anyone been able to spot the difference yet between then and now?

We are competing this time round that’s all we can ask for.
    You couldn’t name one player not putting a shift in.
    Last time in the championship you could name a few.

When I was looking at the table last night I noticed the pretty small gap between us and Aston Villa. The efforts of our lads are brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    14 games. Isn't that how many AS lasted? Has anyone been able to spot the difference yet between then and now?
    We've had a bit of possession?

Our opponents have had less than 30 shots at our goal?
    (Although we allowed them more than usual last night)
    We've had more than one shot on target?
    Probably not a good idea to judge us by Villa's mediocre (but expensive) standards though - we could finish five points behind them and still get relegated.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 24-10-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    Stoney, on reflection it doesn't make good reading. I would say Villa are having a poor season with all their Muti million pound players they have, not that we are doing good.

We are a smidge out of the bottom three and really should have bagged another 6 points from our last three home games. Now that would have been a great return.

What we struggle with is the lack of a good finisher. Williams should have buried that chance last night and that my friend is the difference between being good and just about average.

I do have to say though Warne has the team playing at a good high tempo at home, (but we need to finish teams off) where as we don't deliver the same intensity away from home.

Last night was a good point to take away at the Championship leaders, here's hoping that they ALL now see that they can compete with the best and carry this forward to our next away game. It was only point away from home but more important, it wasn't our 7th defeat away from home this season.

Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    Compared to the last time we were in the Championship and the same number of games from that last season ( 14 ) we are more than 50% better off pointswise.

Surely that alone has got to be a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Compared to the last time we were in the Championship and the same number of games from that last season ( 14 ) we are more than 50% better off pointswise.

Surely that alone has got to be a positive.
    Totally agree but, the dropped points at home are a disappointment.

On current form we are looking at around 46 points, that would probably be enough to stay up and twice as many as we got last time in this division. We are competing and not getting gubbed each week this time. We will take the chances and win some more games so overall I'm happy. Yes we could do with a 20 goal man but we can't afford one. Smith is pivotal to the way we play and is doing a cracking job. I too would love him to score more and I'm sure he will as he gets more confidence. The lads know now they can compete in this league, now they have to take the next step and believe they can succeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast