+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jo Brand

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  18.0 KBE

I agree with Buc.. Has anybody visited their museum in Ulverston ? Worth a trip .

I didn't even know that there was a museum dedicated to them alf,I will look it up,I've never heard of Ulverston tbh
    I can't stand Mrs Brown,I just don't see the attraction at all,Old Mother Riley revamped in my eyes but I have watched the last coup!e of episodes of For Facts Sake simply due to me liking facts,the thing is they are supposed to pick four random people from the audience to sit at the front and I've two of them before on quiz shows,there was a bloke on last week who has been on The Chaser who was a great character and a woman on this week who was in the Jury Room,I can't believe that they got chosen randomly

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I didn't even know that there was a museum dedicated to them alf,I will look it up,I've never heard of Ulverston tbh
    I can't stand Mrs Brown,I just don't see the attraction at all,Old Mother Riley revamped in my eyes but I have watched the last coup!e of episodes of For Facts Sake simply due to me liking facts,the thing is they are supposed to pick four random people from the audience to sit at the front and I've two of them before on quiz shows,there was a bloke on last week who has been on The Chaser who was a great character and a woman on this week who was in the Jury Room,I can't believe that they got chosen randomly
    Ulverston is in Cumbria up north Chalky .. A place well worth a stop off..you might catch Griff as he lives nearby..

Name:  IMG_20181031_204533.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  89.1 KB

It inspired me to dig this beauty out of the spare room ready for the weekend,all of their shorts and films in both black and white or colour,it's going to black n white for me

Wrong end of the county Alf, though I was in Ulverston earlier this year as the missus was working nearby. Not a bad little town if a bit run down. Didn't go in the museum; not enough time. Chalky knows he can meet up to go chasing squirrels but he's nut* up to it as he's a bit shy.

* see what I did there?

I'm not as shy as those little red sods though griff,it's unbelievable that I haven'tt spotted one over the past three years or so when I decided to look for them

Name:  IMG_20181031_204533.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  89.1 KB

It inspired me to dig this beauty out of the spare room ready for the weekend,all of their shorts and films in both black and white or colour,it's going to black n white for me
    I've got the same box set chalky, class

You appear to have similar taste to me, I would turn off Mrs Brown rather than watch a minute of it, not funny at all

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Wrong end of the county Alf, though I was in Ulverston earlier this year as the missus was working nearby. Not a bad little town if a bit run down. Didn't go in the museum; not enough time. Chalky knows he can meet up to go chasing squirrels but he's nut* up to it as he's a bit shy.

* see what I did there?
    I thought you lived in Carlisle Griff?

I've had a look at where Ulverstone is and it's more Morecambe way than Carlisle,what I will do is double it up with another trip when I'm on my travels but I've put it on my list,i love stuff like that,I watched a programme about Charlie Chaplin the other day and it mentioned that on the way over to America he was on the same ship as Stan Laurel and showed a photo of them,fascinating stuff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)